phonic rock-box ?...

Started by Johan, June 20, 2005, 08:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

anyone heard of these...
was just given one that humed...was an easy fix..but what is this..?...looks lika a rockman with analogue echo and chorus, two clean and two distorted sounds pklus compressor...sounds lika a rockman..but I dont know..anyone knows?...complete ripoff or just a similar product?..any schems out there
typical sheap chines PCB's but steel housing.oh well..I can allways use the clean sound with chorus and echo for those eighties covertunes...

johan
DON'T PANIC

Mark Hammer

I bought a similar headphone amp about 15 years ago.  It had a few clean and sitorted settings, plus a chorus and echo setting.  It used an MN3207 and if you flipped open the case, it had trimpots that could be adjusted to set the chorus rate and depth.  It also had a send and receive loop using 1/8" mini phone jacks.  Sound familiar?

Johan

thank's Mark

both yes and no...similar but not spot-on...mine has four trimpots through the shassis. Delay,Chorus, comp and gain. the delay and chorus has their induvidual on-off push switches. it has send and return jack but they are full size ( 1/4 ). there is also a footsw.jack and a stereo aux in
the chassis is steel and al printing is yellow

at first I thought I'd pull the bbd's and build a replacement for my old boss ch-2 ( wich was stoolen a few months back.   :x  ) but it was an easy fix and now I dont know...dont like riping apart working units...

oh well..must be many rockman ripoffs out there...

johan
DON'T PANIC