Bypass box w/blend in knob ???

Started by LoudGreg, June 20, 2005, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoudGreg

Hello there,

I'm learning more and more each day from this site. (Thanks !!! )

Just wanted to ask if anyone could post or show me me how to wire a blend IN effects knob (or other way around, blend in dry sound knob) to a bypass box.

There are some effects where I would like to have some control over how much of the effect is added to my signal. Please also post any problems this added knob could cause, if any.

Thanks again.
Guitar player not a tech............

gaussmarkov

Quote from: LoudGregHello there,

I'm learning more and more each day from this site. (Thanks !!! )

Just wanted to ask if anyone could post or show me me how to wire a blend IN effects knob (or other way around, blend in dry sound knob) to a bypass box.

There are some effects where I would like to have some control over how much of the effect is added to my signal. Please also post any problems this added knob could cause, if any.

Thanks again.
This question comes up regularly.  I asked it once recently.  :wink:

There is a pretty common way to wire bypass for any circuit using a 3PDT switch (Edit: Here's one example.).  So search a little and you will find that.  There are several blenders that I have seen discussed and I am in the process of building two (my first effects boxes).  See the B.Blender, the Keeley Parallel Mixer, and the Splitter Blend.

Bernardduur

I think a blend knob will do the trick.
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

fureybass

Moosapotmus' Paralooper,

http://www.moosapotamus.com

It's probably exactly what you need.