Yet another DS-1 Mod Question

Started by Dave B, June 21, 2005, 12:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave B

Hi - I'm new here.  I have an un-modded DS-1 that I rarely use and was thinking of modding it.  I spent over an hour reading over the DS-1 mod topics, as well as checking out some of the various websites (Keeley, Fuzz Central, IndyGuitarist) but still have questions.

I actually like the sound of the DS-1 (to some extent).  But ideally, I would like it to be just a little warmer, a little less harsh, and maybe give me a little better harmonics and sustain.  Is there one mod that would give me all of those things?  

It seems like most of the posts on here lean toward Keeley, Fuzz Central and IndyGuitarist mods.  Any opinions on which of those are the best, and whether one of those might suit my needs?  If not, what mod might you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

zacharybroyles

indyguitarist mods are all great, I've done 3 ds-1s a boss sd-1 a boss bf-2 and i love them all

Dave B

Thanks, zacharybroyles - I appreciate the info.

SnooP_Wiggles

I wouldn't really call the keeley/fuzzcentral (their pretty much the same) 'warm' so indy might be a place to look. no harm trying though. anyways theres the (probably outdated) ds-1 seeing eye:

http://www.robertkeeley.com/audio6l6/dstech.html