[OT(???)] Little guitar loudspeakers

Started by HeaD, June 26, 2005, 07:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeaD

Hi all, someone knows where can I find online some 6" guitar loudspeakers for my Ruby amp? I have tried with some loudspeakers found in an old record player cases, but they are not suitable, sound is really too dirty and buzzy!    can someone help me?  :?
Sorry for my english :|

HeaD

Sorry for my english :|

petemoore

They should be able to handle the wattage.
 They should be ohmage matched, to themselves and the amp circuit.
 I don't know of any reputed to be good ones that haven't been mentioned, I'm thinking there's a limited market for these, and selection is therefore also limited.
  I'd look at spec sheets and shoot for something with a wide frequency response.
 I'm using some 'unknown' old console stereo speakers, they won the position of usage with my dual 386 amp by winning A/B test sound comparisons with whatever else I had...
 I read that Pignose type speakers are reportedly good, I'd tell you if I knew where to access 'better' 6''ers for little amps.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

spudulike

I took some 4" speakers out of ancient pcs at our local tip (compaq pcs I think). Huge magnets, dual cone and 4 of em sound great with a dual-386 Ruby and a Fetzer. Ive seen these offered on ebay before.

<Edit> - forgot the link I meant to add  ...

http://www.usspeaker.com/6&8.htm

Scroll down to the Jensen 'Mod' series - 6", 15 Watts, 4 ohms - $21.95.

Hope this helps.

Regan

Weber sells a 6" guitar driver, also I believe mcm has some suitable speakers.
Regan

Ge_Whiz