Z.Vex Fuzz Factory help

Started by punkvid, June 27, 2005, 11:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkvid

Hey guys, have been looking around at the various different fuzz pedals that can be made on these forums, but none seem to compare to that of the Z.Vex Fuzz factory. My ultimate aim is to find a small enough fuzz pedal to build inside my guitars onboard electronics (similar to Matt bellamy - Muse)

Yet unfortunatly these babys cost a fair amount and are out of my price range, is there a DIY pedal that anyone knows of which i have overlooked that will give me the same kind of Radio/Velcro fuzz that the Z.Vex gives you.

many thanks

vid
Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?

Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

Marcos - Munky

Take a look on Tim Escobedo's TMK or Ugly Face.

AL

Have you checked out the "Technology of the Fuzz Face" article at GEOFEX?  

The GEO link site is at the top of the page. Once you're there click on the "Technology of..." link at the upper left. There's a pile of info in that article and plenty of mod ideas.

AL

Mark Hammer

While it is still pricey compared to a $5 fuzz thrown into an Altoids container, Z-Vex has issued a considerably more affordable Fuzz Factory with the same circuit and more pedestrian graphics.  If you desire a legit, owrking FF with components selected as per ZV specs, you might consider looking into it.  I might also point out that Jason Myrold's wrists can't hold out forever, and if ZV is going to consider embarking on more affordable versions of his effects without graphics for those with little need for a pretty package, now would be the time to provide that encouragement with your purchase power.

LiquidSteel

Hi

It's not difficult to find a shematic of the Fuzz Factory, and it's very easy to build one. Look around and google and you would find some FF shematics.

Paul Marossy

Many of the schematics are also mangled. Use at your own risk!

cd

Quote from: Paul MarossyMany of the schematics are also mangled. Use at your own risk!

And are not to be discussed to distributed here.  If you're new and haven't lurked around here enough, feel free to search through the archives, there's tons of huge threads in there.

Paul Marossy

QuoteAnd are not to be discussed to distributed here.

Obviously.  :wink: