Calling R.G - EQ article

Started by Phorhas, June 28, 2005, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorhas

Hello

I just went over your article about simple parametric EQ and I was wondering, if those are the simple ones, what is a more sophisticated parametic EQ?
Will there be a follow-up on the subject?
Cheers
Electron Pusher

R.G.

QuoteI just went over your article about simple parametric EQ and I was wondering, if those are the simple ones, what is a more sophisticated parametic EQ?
A more sophisicated EQ would probably be state variable filter based, offer a choice of filter types (Butterworth, Chebychev, eliptical, etc.), responses (highpass, lowpass, bandpass, notch) and have exponential response controls as well as voltage control of frequency and Q. I could easily fill up a 3RU panel with controls for a single EQ channel.

QuoteWill there be a follow-up on the subject?
Yes,  but that's not what you wanted to know. You want to know ... when...
Yes?

It will not be this week, or next. Not likely before the end of July. It's possible in the fall. Likely by next year.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

wampcat1

QuoteWill there be a follow-up on the subject?
Yes,  but that's not what you wanted to know. You want to know ... when...
Yes?

It will not be this week, or next. Not likely before the end of July. It's possible in the fall. Likely by next year.[/quote]

:lol:  :wink:

toneman

hey R.G.
nice timetable!!
:)
do U work for the govnmt??
"don't worry.  the job will B on time, underbudget, and well planned".
:)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Phorhas

Thanx R.G.

Well, plenty to think about and tinker with for the meantime :)
Electron Pusher