No more octave Up!

Started by toneless, September 04, 2003, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toneless

Can anybody suggest a simple schematic for an octave down circuit?
I want something that will give a bass-like sound to my guitar for playing some heavy stuff along with my distortion pedal.

Tip:If we take two LDR's and connect the one side of the first with the other side of the second then what we''ll have is two LDR's with three legs.Along with a green led you can have a hard to find Vactec VTL5C4/2.

Nick
Greece

brett

I'm told that the Roctave Divider is the answer, but it looks a bit complicated and I haven't built one.  It could also be achieved by arithemetcally messing with the signal (taking the square root gives half frequency, double amplitude I think).  There are chips available to do this, but most circuits I've seen for these chips are are for octave up (squaring), not down (square root).  Check out Analog Devices (chip 833 maybe ??).  Or search on the web for frequency doublers and see if you can arrange set the chip to square root.  Otherwise, it's the rocktave divider.   Have fun! :)
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)