Colorsound octivider - "boot sale score" !!

Started by MartyMart, June 26, 2005, 09:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Quote from: hank reynolds 3rdNice,
Looks like a fairly easy build...Will have to add this to the list!!

I cloned a Mutron Octaver and it was a lot more parts intensive than this...
Is the Oct?two oct down distorted or clean (ish) ????

Cheers
Sam

Sam,
unless I'm going mad, it sounds like 2 octaves down to me ... ?
It is "clean" and sounds great put through a SOU, so you get a couple
of "fuzzed" octaves up from that lot  !!!
V- cool  
How does the Mutron sound ?? .... schem .... ?

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

hank reynolds 3rd

Hi Marty...
If its clean then this pedals rocks!!!
The mutron sounds pretty damn good, the 1 oct down is fairly clean and thick sounding...i think its cos of the tone/filter  section (+ knob) it has ....The ringer switch is a bit cack so I'm in the process of trying to mod it so there is seperate volumes for guitar/ oct down and splicing in a better oct up (maybe the cicada) ,again with its own knob, and a switch between cicada/ringer...
I don't have the schem on me but a got it from a guy called stuart who posted it to
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.castledine/pics/mutron_octave_divider.jpg

my layout was hand drawn and i scanned it and i think munky posted it at his site, but i don't think the scan was all that good...
I'll try and get better scans etc soon ,if you would like??

Cheers

Sam

MartyMart

Thanks Sam, that would be v-kind of you :-)
WOW --- that looks like a BIG BIG project there .....  :shock:
I'm not sure that my "skills" are quite up to that .... yet   !!

Cheers,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

hank reynolds 3rd

Yeah,its kinda big
Two PCB's plus one for the psu (I didn't use a transformer for the psu tho... Mine runs of a 12v ac psu...the ones with the regulators and massive caps, and then i just use a 12v adaptor)...Its gonna need a fairly big box i'm guessing, or maybe stack the two boards on top of each other..

Sam

Paul Marossy

Has anyone ever created a PCB layout for the Octivider? This one sounds like it would be an interesting build.

jmusser

I found the threads in the archives. One is "Colorsound Octaver", and the other one is "Update: Octivider V1.2 and Harmonophone schem." It has the links to the schematics, but unfortunately, they are dead. Aron's stuff is there that shows the trace side of the Octivider, that I believe Rob used to decypher the schematic with. Someone probably has it somewhere, but this has been a couple years ago.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

hank reynolds 3rd

i've done a layout...
hand drawn and unverified..
ill try and scan iot in the morning...(library computers......hmmm)

troubledtom

w/o reading all the replies,
       don't be a brat,
           this is a good thread........
                              tin hutt
                 - tom

hank reynolds 3rd

i know its a good thread, thats why i'm gonna upload the layout i ve done this afternoon...
Its just a pain to queue for the scanner (I've just returned from travelling europe and i need to find work again ,pretty quick,so my free time isn't that 'free'!!!)....

thats if the 'brat' was heading my direction...(i'm actually at a friends,so i'm gorging myself on free internet access!!!...and i'm sozzled!!)

:)

Sam

MartyMart

Quote from: hank reynolds 3rdi'm actually at a friends,so i'm gorging myself on free internet access!!!...and i'm sozzled!!
:)

Sam

"Sozzled"  .... !
I have not heard that one in a while !!!  :D  
Whenever you get time to "scan" that in ... would be "Great"  !!

Cheers,

Marty.

hank reynolds 3rd

Where can I upload these to???
I've got the layout here for the solasound and a better drawing of the mutron octaver.....

Chop Chop, I only get 1hr for free here :shock:  :oops:  :wink:

Cheers
Sam

hank reynolds 3rd

PS: I'm guessing the the bc182's can be subbed with 2n3904, as i think the hfe's are similar, and the 2n3904 is easy to find over here in blighty.........

hank reynolds 3rd

Anyone wanna take these off my hands....I don't know how to upload them to here....and my yahoo briefcase is cack....it never works properly.......

hank reynolds 3rd

hank reynolds 3rd

ah well,i gots to go....And actually build this!!!
good luck if you do, i think its all traced right....

Sam

PS:The Mutron OCtaver is a pain in the arse build!!

MartyMart

Sam,
couldn't get into that "folder" ...... sorry  !
Could you mail them to me ...    contact@martinlister.com  
Then I can host them through my account here at arons ... OK ?

Thanks,
Marty.

hank reynolds 3rd

No worries...
I've just sent it....Sorry for the multiple posts aswell :oops:  :oops: ...
I just wanted it taking off my hands :D

And My Briefcase is cack.......

Sam

hank reynolds 3rd

Hi All,

I got a more decent scan from nelson (cheers again!!), and I've nearly finished up...
Hopefully post it tomorrow,but i need somewhere/someone to post it to,so it can be added to the lounge area...
This looks like a cool project ,a lot of interest/interaction going on here!!

Bueno

Sam

hank reynolds 3rd

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:
sorry,wrong topic!!!
btw, the scan for the solasound is as if your looking at the bottom of the the pcb..reverse it if you use printers for your pcbs

ta
sam