autocrash & bass paralooper build reports

Started by idiot savant, July 04, 2005, 04:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idiot savant

so i have been meaning to build the crash sync ever since i saw it, so as i was browsing through moosapotamus website, i saw that he added an envelope control to it. took me about an hour and a half to perf, damn this thing is wacky, it sounds sorta like tim's uglyface, but a little more sizzly, great build, very very crazy, and fun. i know the uglyface gets alot of press here as the nuttiest fuzz, but the autocrash is right up there with it.

also saw the bass paralooper on moose's website too, and i thought i'd give that one a whirl too, i just *barely* fit it on the perfboard, and it was a little tight in the enclosure with the extra jacks. I havent tried it on bass yet, but it wails on the guitar, and has enough volume in it to use as a boost as well as a FX loop/mixer. i REALLY like this one, very good tone, it makes those crazy pedals(fuzz factory, autocrash, uglyface) much more usable when you mix in the clean signal, chords on the autocrash and uglyface are now possible, and sound really neat...

i might post a few pics later(if i can find my camera)

thanks moose! :D

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."