OT but necessary: ATTENTION LONDONERS!

Started by Mark Hammer, July 07, 2005, 10:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Steve, Gez, and any others out there...

Please report for duty at your earliest convenience, and let us know you're alright.

Thanks, and my sympathies.
Mark

puretube

MartyMart

We're fine and thanks for the kind thoughts Mark.
It's a very sad day here in London, I've given up on work, just can't
consentrate on anything as frivolous as music, at the moment .....

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Doug_H

Quote from: MartyMartWe're fine and thanks for the kind thoughts Mark.
It's a very sad day here in London, I've given up on work, just can't
consentrate on anything as frivolous as music, at the moment .....

Marty.

That's completely understandable. I've had days like this in my life (watching the challenger explode through my office window, 9/11, etc) where the only thing that made any sense was to go home and give my wife a big hug.

Glad you are okay, Marty. Stay close to your loved ones and forget about the everyday routine for a while.

Doug

gez

Glad to say I'm still here Mark.  Not the first time I've been through all this, but it feels different this time...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

object88

My sympathy to London'ers, and all of the UK, today.  What's happened is horrible.

Melanhead

yup ... quite shocking news ... hope all are well.

GonzoFonts

America supports our British brothers and sisters...

aron

You guys take care. Glad to hear that you are ok.

Terrible news.

swt

i came here to see if you guys were ok. News from Stephen giles?. I will never understand terrorism. It's shocking even in here, thousands of miles away. Hope some day mankind understand the value of life. Anyways, glad you london people are ok. Let's wait for stephen and others to report. Black day for the whole world.

Jay

I was in work at 0800 so got there before it began.  One of our guys who comes in later was in one of the tube trains that blew up.  He's physically okay but pretty distressed.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Jay.

Vsat

Hope everyone out there is OK. Horrible to hear of this.  The people of London have come through bad situations before.... WWII, IRA, now this.
Mike

troubledtom

i'm very glad you guys are alright, and sad for the ones that aren't including their families and frinends.
   i just got a costum order from a gent in london last night :shock:
i'm gonna go email him.
  peace,
       tom

BD13UK

I'm 400 miles away but it doesn't make me feel any better at all as this type of attack on the innocent is just inexcusable and cannot be justified ANYWHERE ANYTIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

vanhansen

Quote from: swti came here to see if you guys were ok. News from Stephen giles?. I will never understand terrorism. It's shocking even in here, thousands of miles away. Hope some day mankind understand the value of life. Anyways, glad you london people are ok. Let's wait for stephen and others to report. Black day for the whole world.

Unfortunately these terrorists see things in a different way.  Their kind is the only kind and their way is the only way.  They have no reasoning, no compromising.  Their belief is the western world and those associate with it is evil and should not live.  Think of them like multiple terminators.  They will not stop.  Right now it's either kill or be killed and that is the harsh reality.

It sickens me when events like this occur.  It is senseless and careless.  If they wanna fight, let's fight, military vs. military, leave the innocent civilians out of it.
Erik

StephenGiles

Hi there, I was 20 miles away from all this. The emergency services of course knew exactly what to do and have been absolutely organised and already, some of the transport services are up and running - and so the droppings from my dog's arse to these cowardly ragheads. They will neither win here nor anywhere else in the world - I pontificate.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

nelson

I dont think we should let events like this affect the values we treasure most, freedom, liberty, tolerance and justice.

I fear this will turn british politics and british society into hateful vengeful racist entities, and comments like "ragheads" re-affirm my fear.

I think the head of  the metropolitan police said it better when he said that "this isnt the muslim way, or atleast my understanding of islam"

Let us not sacrafice the values that make Britain Great and bring justice to the monsters who commited this atrocity.

Hopefully the british response to this attack will not mirror the knee jerk reaction of our transatlantic brothers, and we can call on our experience with the IRA to deal with this horrible terrorist threat once and for all.

I for one will not live in fear, and I wont allow fear to control the people.

My heart goes out to those affected in any way by this deplorable cowardly attack.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Eric H

Quote from: StephenGilesThey will neither win here nor anywhere else in the world - I pontificate.
Stephen

Well,  Steve's OK
;-) ;-)
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

object88

Well said, Nelson.  I wish more people in the US had that kind of mentality after 9/11.

nelson

So do I, so do I. I wish they had that mentality now.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X