Latest builds

Started by Parko, July 09, 2005, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parko

Hey guys,
Well, with the help of many on this forum (mojotronics in particular), i have successfully built 2 clones of a well known and less respected boutique rippoff artist. You know the one.

Anyhow, i've taken some less than quality photos of them both, which can be seen here: http://photobucket.com/albums/a145/Parquito/

The Yellow one ("Fuzztration", which incorporates a tonebender and fuzzface knockoff) is themed on a Victorian Taxi, and the blue one (named "Fraud Drive" for obvious reasons and based around a popular TS rippoff) is themed on a Victorian Police car.
I cut the decals out at work (i'm a casual at a graphic design/signmaking studio), and the box was painted with a no-rust type spraypaint. I cut the badges out by hand.

As for sound, the Fraud Drive is awesome! Better than my TS808 in my opinion. Fuzztration is a bit lacking though (i don't think that AC125s work too well in those circuits, even if they are matched).

Anyhow, let me know what ya think!

robotboy

WOW! Extremely pro looking pedals. Great job!

formerMember1

May be ripped off a pedal that ripped off another pedal, but looks extremely original.
AWESOME QUALITY!!!

jmusser

Very nice! The caliber of work on here never ceases to amaze me.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

markr04

Duuuude  :shock:

The masking schedule for the sides must've been very time-consuming. Very nice!

What are you using for the "badges"?
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

mojotron

Wow... Those are awesome! Great build, I'm guessing they sound great too!!

I'm glad I could help out...

What did you use for the lables? They look like a silkscreen?

Parko

The badges are just made out this plastic stuff i found at work (i think it's called foamalux, but i can't remember).
I made the stickers out of adhesive vinyl. We have a computer operated vinyl cutter for making signs, so i just designed them on the PC and cut them out. I'm pleased with the result, and the feedback has been great so far.
The Fuzztration doesn't sound all that flash, but i'm sure with some decent transistors and some circuit changes i can get it sounding great.

MartyMart

Those look really great Parko  :D
Now I'm envious .....  :evil:

Marty. :wink:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Melanhead

petemoore

Those look like great 'transports' !!!
 Seems like the boxes look bigger with the checker pattern on the side, definitely draws the eye to them.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

Cool looking stuff!  8)

gaussmarkov

i'm digging your boxes, too!  and it's nice to see an example of the cut adhesive vinyl.  i guess most sign stores do those custom.