Help for a noob and his GE-7

Started by ianlogan123, January 14, 2006, 04:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianlogan123

Hi there, I've recently been making some changes to my Boss GE-7. Given that I couldn't really understand the schematics very well I bought a kit from Monte Allums. ;) I've installed all the new components without any trouble, and the pedal works. The only problem is that I've managed to break one of the wires that leads into the PCB. Wire P4 is still attached to the PCB, but is now not attched to anything else, and I'm not sure where I should reattach it to. It broke clean off at the non-PCB end, but I can't easily see where to attach a new wire. The strange thing is that the pedal continues to work despite this free wire waving about in the air. ???

I'd be very grateful if someone could have a look inside their GE-7 and let me know where I should attach the new wire to.

I'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me how to change the LED - I bought a blue LED to replace the red one, but couldn't get it to work. Do they have to be a certain way round?

Many thanks for any answers you can give. :icon_biggrin:

Ian.

Pushtone

Well I just so happen to have a GE-7 on my desk! Lets open'er up...

I see P4 right above R26. It's a grey wire that connects to what looks like the ground tab of the input 1/4" connector. Or at least the tab closest to the case wall.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

ianlogan123

Many thanks for the quick reply. :icon_biggrin:

I'll try soldering it on tomorrow and see how I get on.

Ian.