Informal poll: To fix or put in DIY wah

Started by pbrommer, July 30, 2005, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbrommer

Hey guys-- Just a quick and informal poll.
Instead of a broken Dunlop crybaby, I ended up with a broken Vox V847. Now, the only problem it has is that it has a high pitched whine which changes with the rocker movement up (lower to higher then off). My biggest problem is this: Do I try to fix it (looks like a missing wire somewhere according to the diagram), or do I put in a now veroboarded colorsound inductorless wah? Let me know what you think, and what could be done to fix the wah if need be.. Thanks.

Patrick
  • SUPPORTER

jimbob

Id fix it if its just a wire or 2. My Vox 847 sounds great after just a few component changes.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

pbrommer

• SUPPORTER

Paul Marossy

Of course, you could fix it. But... the Maestro Boomerang circuit with a yellow Fasel inductor sounds really nice to my ears. I like it so much that I find myself using quite often when I am practicing in the morning. There is a PCB layout of it at my website linked on the "wah pedal from scratch #2" page.  8)

petemoore

How does it sound?
 Mod
 build another
 Build a phaser
 options...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

As a compromise, you could take out the current board (making careful notes!) then pull the inductor (the only part you would need to keep for the new circuit apart from the pot) and do the new circuit.
Then if one day you want to put it back, you still can.