So it's digital. I *know* you won't care.

Started by Mark Hammer, August 08, 2005, 11:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

It's a very nice unit.  Not sure if Jack had one to play with over the sumemr, but I did.  I also have a small cab Leslie with the "cheese wheel" styrofoam drum, so I tend to have slightly higher standards of what a Les compared to folks whose only first hand experience is using phasers and flangers to fake it.  This thing nails it beautifully, especially the grind you get when the doppler effect is mapped onto the very end of the signal chain (after the amp, transformer and speaker clipping).

Sadly, the soundclips at the website don't demonstrate the thing in stereo very well.  While it sounds great in mono, it sounds fantastic in stereo.  You get the real sense of a spinning sound source, not just the notches, pitch distortion, etc.  Again, I A/B'd it with my own Leslie, and the mojo is there people, it's there.

Arno van der Heijden

Damn, now I'm gonna need a stereo setup....  :D

Mark, any idea what else Line 6 have up their sleeves for us, apart from the reverb pedal? I still miss a phaser....
Moreover, I think I would like some more unusual effects, maybe more synth-like: Sample and hold, random stuff, multiple lfo's, harmonizers, bit crushing, etc, etc...
Shouldn't be too hard....

Mark Hammer

Nope.  With the demo videos posted already, and the picture of the reverb pedal, that exhausts all my inside info.  I've been very fortunate to be a ringer during this process, but all in all I'm just a ringer.  My guess is that the gear announcements over on Harmony-Central are a much better source of industry scoop than I am.

amz-fx

Street date is first week in October....

regards, Jack

aron

The Liqua-Flange has step and random so they seem to have some "synth-like" ideas in there.