SansAmp Classic... anyone else built one?

Started by Bill Bergman, August 16, 2005, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bergman

I built a "Classic" several years ago and to date it's still my favorite distortion/overdrive pedal....way,way better than the sansamp GT.
I like it so much, I etch another pcb to build a 2nd one to see if it sounds as good as the first. I think I modded a second 3 pos switch for more tone preset. It's a real booger to build with all the wire connections ......4 pots, 8 bank dipswitch, and 2 - 3 position toggle switch.

wui223

Bill Bergman

I made a pcb layout with a wiring diagram, but it's at home so I, have to post it tonight. It's in powerpoint format.

wui223

pls post the schematic coz i cant get it else where

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Bill Bergman

Lee_ranaldo

i was servicing a classic unit long time ago

the sound was OK.. the FET preamp was dead , (so in bypass mode you get a low distorted signal).

there is a schematic somewhere but it misses some values
(caps and some others)..

it would be great if you have a complete schem and some samples..

good luck

Bill Bergman

Sorry it will probably be tomorrow before I post the schematic because I need to get permission from some one who checked and added comments on it before I post it. Then I will also post the layout which I did.

Prive

Lee!!!

Mine used to have the same problem but i replaced the fet with a mpf102 and "Listo!!!!"

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

bwanasonic

Quote from: Bill Bergmanway,way better than the sansamp GT.

Hmm, in front of a tube amp I always preferred the GT. But direct, or maybe with an SS amp, the classic does rule.

Kerry M

Nikolay

Anyone have PCB for classic sansamp ?
Thanks ;)

Bill Bergman

The schematic was already here at Aron's .... http://www.diystompboxes.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_scripts/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=302

I have a pcb layout and wiring diagram but it's a Powerpoint file so I have no way to post it. I can e-mail it to whoever wants it.

Bill Bergman

Quote from: bwanasonic
Quote from: Bill Bergmanway,way better than the sansamp GT.

Hmm, in front of a tube amp I always preferred the GT. But direct, or maybe with an SS amp, the classic does rule.

Kerry M

I'll have to compare the 2, but the only tube amp I have is a sub mini.

Bill Bergman

spudulike

Bill Bergman

nelson

email it to me Bill, I will host it and post a link.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Bill Bergman

Lee_ranaldo

plz bill send it to my email account too..
Lee_ranaldo79@hotmail.com..

yes.. i now it was a bad fet.. but the owner dissapeared.. so... it's not on my hands now.

bass_econo