MOJO Wah pedal build....no signal.

Started by rydog2223, December 29, 2012, 04:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rydog2223

Hey there!  First post here but been lurking for a bit.  Anyone here have some input for me on my first wah build??  It is a Mojo kit going into a old Crybaby but I am doing the Vox circuit.  Has signal when the effect is NOT engaged but she goes dead as soon as I engage the wah pedal.  I checked all my solder joints and even re did them all to make sure there were no cold ones.   Traced out the board again.....  It is driving me nuts!  But it is fun.:)  So any common problems with wah builds?  Any pointers would be GREAT!!  This is my first build so I am a newbie for sure.  Been doing geetar electronics for about five years now.  Thanks so much!!!:)

Ryan

hmitchell

If you have signal when bypassed but pass no signal when turned on, either you wired the bypass wrong, the switch is broken, or the board is totally dead. I don't know alot about wah electronics, so can't help you any more than that. Try looking over your switch wiring

rydog2223

Quote from: hmitchell on December 29, 2012, 04:29:15 PM
If you have signal when bypassed but pass no signal when turned on, either you wired the bypass wrong, the switch is broken, or the board is totally dead. I don't know alot about wah electronics, so can't help you any more than that. Try looking over your switch wiring

Awesome!  I will start there!

LucifersTrip

always think outside the box