zetex iMP AMP sch

Started by Nikolay, August 21, 2005, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Hi guys, I found something interesting in the site of zetex
there are some videos. Check their site
http://www.impamp.com/impvideo.html
look in the videos and there in one of this videos are shown the sch of zetex iMP AMP :))
cool :)

PS: All videos are cool too :D

zachary vex

yeah, right, like "zetex" and "sch" will keep me from noticing hits in the referrer logs.  sheesh.  that schematic is the output section, which in reality consists of a tube, an LED, and a transformer.  it's not as revealing as you think.  8^)

hey nicholei, if you had watched that video the first day i posted it, the whole schematic was on there.  i edited it down to the last three components on day two. 8^P

hairyandy

Quote from: zachary vexyeah, right, like "zetex" and "sch" will keep me from noticing hits in the referrer logs.  sheesh.  that schematic is the output section, which in reality consists of a tube, an LED, and a transformer.  it's not as revealing as you think.  8^)

Dude,

That was so funny I just about spit Diet Coke out of my nose...

:roll:
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

The Tone God

Hello,

I produce the products from Zetex including the Seeck-Why, Oops-What, Fizz Fuzztory, Ocdane, Cotton Mammary, Jimmy Otcave, Supper Duffer, Mac N' Cheese, Fozz Pribe, Nanoo Head, and the iMP . I would ask that the sch, schem, schemy, shem, schmas, shm, and all others not be published here. Maybe in Botswana but not here.

Andrew

hairyandy

The Cotton Mammary ought to go great after the new overdrive pedal I'm working on:  the Beef Curtain!

:)
Andy Harrison

zachary vex

i was called vzex so many times online that i bought vzex.com, and i get hits on it all the time.  8^)

ninoman123

Maybe you should buy zetex.com now too.  :roll:

zachary vex

they make the transistors i use in the SHO.  i like those e-line packages... i can pack parts very densely using those.

ninoman123

Woah thats weird. Didnt know it was already a company! Much less a semiconductor supplier!

Sam

Quote from: hairyandyThe Cotton Mammary ought to go great after the new overdrive pedal I'm working on:  the Beef Curtain!

The Beef Curtain! :D
Seriously, that's the best name for a pedal I've come across.
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

ExpAnonColin

I think you just found yourself a nickname, Tex.  Howdy, partner.

You also just found yourself another hit...

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

:( Sell a fellow DIYer one for $200?  Prease? :(:(  It's my 2000th post, it makes sense... 2000.... $200...

-Colin

zachary vex

tex vex?  heard that one already.  8^)

Mark F

Quote from: hairyandyThe Cotton Mammary ought to go great after the new overdrive pedal I'm working on:  the Beef Curtain!

Didn't that come from a tune by the infamous "Mentors"? :wink:

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Sam

The Beef Curtain! :D
Seriously, that's the best name for a pedal I've come across.
WOW! That IS an awesome name! 8) 8) 8)

Andy, are you seriously working on a pedal called the Beef Curtain??? If you're not.... I will!!! ....just for the name!!!  ;) 8)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

zachary vex

if you like that name, you'll love this list.  i'd post it here but it's too severe... my favorite is "the indoor bar-b-q."

http://board.jokaroo.com/archive/t-97.html

hairyandy

Peter,

I am actually.  Oddly enough as I've been screwing with it tonight it's getting less beefy.  Murphy's Law I guess.  That'll teach me to name it first!  :)  I promise that if I don't get anything together that I like then I'll give the name up to the board.

Just think of all the fun you could have making a "box" (pun intended of course) for the Beef Curtain.  You could glue actual short & curlies to it for that authentic hairy "vibe"-----Eeewwwwwwww!!!

:shock:
Andy Harrison

ExpAnonColin

Somewhat on-topic question (I'm sure you're sick of these)

Guitar->MXR Microamp clone->iMP AMP=decent guitar amp?

The microamp would buffer and color the guitar signal like you'd want a guitar amp too (hopefully), the iMP AMP would provide a power amp to boost it to decent levels for the speakers.  Add an EQ in there, and you're set?

-Colin

niftydog

Quote from: vzex!i was called vzex so many times online that i bought vzex.com, and i get hits on it all the time.

red rag to a bull...

I've just updated my bookmark!
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

zachary vex

Quote from: ExpAnonColinSomewhat on-topic question (I'm sure you're sick of these)

Guitar->MXR Microamp clone->iMP AMP=decent guitar amp?

The microamp would buffer and color the guitar signal like you'd want a guitar amp too (hopefully), the iMP AMP would provide a power amp to boost it to decent levels for the speakers.  Add an EQ in there, and you're set?

-Colin

try it first with any hi-fi stereo amp.  should give you an idea of what might happen.  the iMP is not designed for breakup like a guitar amp... the waveform breaks at peak power with a rather square edge.  never tried a guitar through it... might be nice, might not.  i've had a lot of people ask me if a pod would sound good through it... i tell them to plug a pog into their stereo and see how they like that first.