zetex iMP AMP sch

Started by Nikolay, August 21, 2005, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: zachary vex
Quote from: ExpAnonColinSomewhat on-topic question (I'm sure you're sick of these)

Guitar->MXR Microamp clone->iMP AMP=decent guitar amp?

The microamp would buffer and color the guitar signal like you'd want a guitar amp too (hopefully), the iMP AMP would provide a power amp to boost it to decent levels for the speakers.  Add an EQ in there, and you're set?

-Colin

try it first with any hi-fi stereo amp.  should give you an idea of what might happen.  the iMP is not designed for breakup like a guitar amp... the waveform breaks at peak power with a rather square edge.  never tried a guitar through it... might be nice, might not.  i've had a lot of people ask me if a pod would sound good through it... i tell them to plug a pog into their stereo and see how they like that first.

You said it's 20v rail to rail, right?  Well, as long as I keep it from clipping, would it be a fairly OK clean power amp?  I would definitely NOT be using it for breakup.  Simply for making the preamp'd signal louder.

Thanks for your reply.

-Colin

zachary vex

well yeah, it's got a watt of power per side, and if you stay below that, it won't clip.  it's going to work well as a clean power amp, but since i've always used MXR microamps in the studio to break up guitar amps more than they break up already, i wouldn't think it would make a good preamp for the guitar to create some form of distortion, but maybe i'm wrong.  depends on what you like, right?  8^)

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: zachary vexwell yeah, it's got a watt of power per side, and if you stay below that, it won't clip.  it's going to work well as a clean power amp, but since i've always used MXR microamps in the studio to break up guitar amps more than they break up already, i wouldn't think it would make a good preamp for the guitar to create some form of distortion, but maybe i'm wrong.  depends on what you like, right?  8^)

I was planning on doing the clipping (if any) inside the microamp.

Thanks for your comments and all.  I kind of disregarded this at first but now I really need something as such.  Basically, it's now this or a memory lane... and I know I'd use this a whole lot more.  Can I get some sorta discount if I come up and pick it up myself?

-Colin

puretube

Quote from: zachary vex... if you had watched that video the first day i posted it, the whole schematic was on there.  i edited it down to the last three components on day two. 8^P

:evil: arrgh - I missed it  :twisted:  
what a drag to go for a little holiday...  :(

anybody saved the component values?

plz email to: Keef@Burtain.clone

:lol:

:wink:

12afael

I have to admit that I take a travel to the past... without luck... :oops:  :cry:

do you know that a page make travels to the past?

maybe Einstein could explain why no all sites and time are available...  :lol:

zachary vex

actually, there is a site that does a pretty good job of traveling to the internet's past. but not the recent past... years past, basically.  it's the wayback machine, available at http://archive.org .

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: zachary vexactually, there is a site that does a pretty good job of traveling to the internet's past. but not the recent past... years past, basically.  it's the wayback machine, available at http://archive.org .

Already checked it :(.

-Colin