Author Topic: Pictures (Guitars)  (Read 601196 times)

bluebunny

Re: Pictures (Guitars)
« Reply #1280 on: August 31, 2022, 12:03:51 PM »
I'd go with it.  It's kinda unique.  And if not unique, then it's distinctive.  So long as you have room to get amongst the switches.  (So not "hands like a murderer", as my Mum would have said...)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

« Reply #1281 on: September 29, 2022, 10:21:53 AM »
My Grandaughter asked me to build a stand for her little guitar. She wanted something small to sit on the floor so I came up with this. Guitar is surprisingly stable though I doubt I'll make one for a full sized axe

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

stallik

« Reply #1282 on: October 06, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »
Getting very close to finishing my Red Special Tele -no Vol/Tone or jack plate yet as I'm waiting for parts. Sounds really different to everything else I have. Very honky midrange - probably the cheap Korean PU's ::) Rather jangly clean but with the right drive (MayQueen) sounds very Santana? Go figure!

Didn't want any screws or nuts on the front so took a Dremel to the PU lugs then made brackets so I could adjust height round the back. First one I've French polished. That took me 3 weeks and countless attempts >:( Lots of mistakes, most of them fixed

Iroku body & Neck, Fake binding, Zirikote fingerboard, Gotoh hardware

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

« Reply #1283 on: October 06, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »
My next build is gonna be a towel.  To throw in...   :-\

That's bloody amazing, Kevin.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

« Reply #1284 on: October 07, 2022, 05:40:58 AM »
Thanks Marc but it really doesnít stand up to close examination. That makes it unsellable so Iíll just have to keep it.

bluebunny

« Reply #1285 on: October 07, 2022, 11:40:07 AM »
. . . so Iíll just have to keep it.

I see what you did there.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

« Reply #1286 on: October 23, 2022, 05:14:24 PM »
Seems that my local junk/antiques/house clearance store only has one price for guitars. This week, stumbled on a mint Ibanez Mikro for £30 inc quality gig bag and Strap. Sounds and plays like a full size. My granddaughter will love it  :)

stallik

« Reply #1287 on: October 23, 2022, 05:18:08 PM »
If anyone likes nice wood, you might like to check out these slabs. I got to see them in the flesh and they look awesome

bluebunny

« Reply #1288 on: October 24, 2022, 04:30:10 AM »
What a gorgeous piece of wood.  Thank goodness someone else didn't get to it first and turn it into a coffee table.  :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER

Mac Walker

« Reply #1289 on: January 16, 2023, 12:02:35 PM »
Scratch builds from the past several years.  Lost my password on an old computer, finally found it and got logged in, haha.

Started selling these at the local music store, which worked out fairly well during the pandemic induced ponzi globalism supply side warflation crisis, ha ha....

stallik

« Reply #1290 on: January 16, 2023, 12:16:56 PM »
Nice builds

bluebunny

« Reply #1291 on: January 16, 2023, 01:25:50 PM »
^^ What Kevin said.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER