News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Thank you, I am very happy too that I did it and that it looks as I wanted it to look like  :)

I don't know any commercial pedal with a lightning of interesting parts - only tube lightning...

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

jacobyjd

Quote from: mikemaddux on March 11, 2010, 06:00:03 AM

Would a 1" by 1" square window affect the sheilding properties of the enclosure.....

If we can build quiet tube amps in 5-sided enclosures, an acrylic window in a pedal is no issue.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Nitefly182

Quote from: mikemaddux on March 11, 2010, 06:00:03 AM
Quote from: Magnus on March 09, 2010, 09:48:21 AM

I like!!!!!

Ive been thinking of doing an acrylic window in a pedal for a while.  Ive still got a bunch left over from the lighted border tutorial.

This is whats holding me back.....

Would a 1" by 1" square window affect the sheilding properties of the enclosure.....

oh well, its still on this list of things to do sometime.

Doubtful. Try taking the bottom off of a couple pedals and see if there is really much of a difference. We already have several holes for jacks and such in our pedals without problems. Its not like noise is snaking its way in through a few holes. A small window is unlikely to cause any issue.

mikemaddux

Completed Builds: A lot...

AudioMime

Quote from: Taylor on March 10, 2010, 01:18:10 PM
Free Electron sells his edals commercially under the name HEXE, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to sell his PCB designs and code.
Oh my apologies. I just found his site :
http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-revolver_e
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

mikemaddux

builds from the last week:

DD size box - ill get more pics when its done...

my 2nd Bosstone Build with added sag control

Sam Ash Fuzzz Box (Astrotone) - I ran out of knobs!!!!! lol

knealebrown

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 09, 2010, 03:46:36 PM
"Je suis chaud avec le craquement!"

A little Franglish wordplay, no more clues as to what it is - can you guess? And no gut shots sorry - they are secret!

'I am hot for the crackle'? if im wrong i blame my D in GCSE french, if im right do i get a prize?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

mikemaddux

Quote from: knealebrown on March 13, 2010, 05:57:36 AM
Quote from: frequencycentral on March 09, 2010, 03:46:36 PM
"Je suis chaud avec le craquement!"

A little Franglish wordplay, no more clues as to what it is - can you guess? And no gut shots sorry - they are secret!

"I've got a hot crack"    Is that it?!?!?! Tell me thats it....

Renegadrian

Nice SHO, Rick!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

kurtlives

Just finished this one this afternoon. I actually built the amp over my Christmas break but I never got around to installing one last PCB so I did that today.

It's a pretty standard Dumbell HRM ODS nothing too crazy  :icon_biggrin: .

The one unique thing is the HRM board. The PCB board has two post OD tonestacks on it, a Marshall and a Fender. They are switchable with a relay (also mounted on the board). There are separate trimpots to control Treble, Middle and Bass for each tonestack.

This means when playing I can hit one of the buttons on the 3 button footswitch to change up the tone of the overdrive channel.

You can get that classic HRM OD sound (Marshall) or something a bit different with the Fender tonestack. Should allow the amp to have even more sounds.

So with that PCB in the amp is done.

Can't test though as I am a poor ma fuc k who has school bills to pay. Once I sell a few things I am going to buy output tubes and the speakers needed for a 100W amp so I can test.

Anyways here's some pics...

HRM PCB

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

phector2004

maybe I have a high-voltage electrocution fetish, but those giant caps and resistors are pleasing to look at :p

is that a Dumble amp? or is Dumbell a different amp??

Renegadrian

man that's a creaze amp!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

compuwade

Quote from: kurtlives on March 13, 2010, 04:38:34 PM
Just finished this one this afternoon. I actually built the amp over my Christmas break but I never got around to installing one last PCB so I did that today.

It's a pretty standard Dumbell HRM ODS nothing too crazy  :icon_biggrin: .

The one unique thing is the HRM board. The PCB board has two post OD tonestacks on it, a Marshall and a Fender. They are switchable with a relay (also mounted on the board). There are separate trimpots to control Treble, Middle and Bass for each tonestack.

This means when playing I can hit one of the buttons on the 3 button footswitch to change up the tone of the overdrive channel.

You can get that classic HRM OD sound (Marshall) or something a bit different with the Fender tonestack. Should allow the amp to have even more sounds.

So with that PCB in the amp is done.

Can't test though as I am a poor ma fuc k who has school bills to pay. Once I sell a few things I am going to buy output tubes and the speakers needed for a 100W amp so I can test.

Anyways here's some pics...

HRM PCB

Very Very nice amp build. I hope it all works with no issues!! :)

davent

Great looking amp Chris!!!

Are using coupling caps from Just Radios?

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

kurtlives

Thanks Dave.

The coupling caps are actually Orange Drop 6PS.

I do have a bunch of JustRadios version of the Orange Drop and have used them in other projects. Nice caps actually, the small packaging is also handy.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Slade

Beautiful build, Chris, hope some day I'll be doing such beautiful amps, congratulations.

Magnus

Hello together,
nice builds again!

@kurtlives:
Wow, nice amp!

...beautyfull clean build  8)

Greetings
Magnus

Magnus

Sorry doublepost!

noelgrassy

Chris,
Your build turned out beautifully. Purple/Yellow fil. wires are what I'm gonna use too.:icon_cool:
Man I feel for you and your plight. I'd rob another vault just to get those final components in order to hear
that bad muff hucker. This speaks well to your capacity for patience/torture. It does look like you may
have built an amp or two in your day so you probably have something to play while waiting.
Is that one of Brandon's chassis? I bought mine from him too. They're the finest chassis I've ever seen in an
amp at least.
I didn't get any etched boards though.  ???  Is that PCB something you made from scratch? Is the artwork
on the Interweb? I'll try searching but if you can PM me feel free to do so. Thanks and best to you each morning,

Noel Grassy.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

knealebrown

Stratoblaster i named 'BIG RED BOOST' works fine all except the 8mm LED is a flashing one which clicks as it pulses looks cool, sounds uncool. any ideas on getting rid of this anyone?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''