Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kearns892

Quote from: phector2004 on March 22, 2010, 04:03:45 PM

love the natural look!

did you facet that LED? it looks like a gem

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like a fender style amp "gem" that would traditionally be placed over an amp indicator lamp

phector2004

i realized it was wayyy bigger than an 8mm :P so you're probably right

mikemaddux

thats what she said.....
Completed Builds: A lot...

knealebrown

no clearcoat yet (what clearcoat is best for acrylic?) but im pretty happy with my first dragonfly style swirl, great technique very forgiving and reminded me of school  :icon_biggrin:

LED ON

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

solderman

Quote from: knealebrown on March 22, 2010, 11:23:14 AM
john, slade, solderman! The first stompbox i post that people comment on and you guys gang up on me with your builds  :icon_frown:

one day i will reach your level.

btw nikolai thats a realy tidy box, simple clean and once again a style of your own.
Did I??

I can't remember that. Normally I try not to give negative feedback but if I have you have my apologies
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

knealebrown

Quote from: solderman on March 23, 2010, 05:43:30 AM
Quote from: knealebrown on March 22, 2010, 11:23:14 AM
john, slade, solderman! The first stompbox i post that people comment on and you guys gang up on me with your builds  :icon_frown:

one day i will reach your level.

btw nikolai thats a realy tidy box, simple clean and once again a style of your own.
Did I??

I can't remember that. Normally I try not to give negative feedback but if I have you have my apologies

i ment gang up on me by posting much better builds lol.   ::)

StereoKills

Quote from: ghostsauce on March 22, 2010, 04:16:46 PM

This is the Dr. Boogey I recently finished, it's my first build ever.  The pcb was created by John Lyons and he did a fantastic job as I'm sure you well know from his reputation, and I put it together very easily with the help of some people here. I plugged it in, biased the JFETs and it fired up on the first try.  I named it the WIN (On/Off) pedal.  The writing's small so I'll list it left-right, top-bottom.  Volume, Presence, Awesome (gain), Bass, Mid, Treb.  I used the true bypass rig and didn't bother adding the battery pack.  I won't show you the guts but the words "Robot Spaghetti" come to mind.  Ah well, it's my first build. :P

Is that the AVT150H footswitch? I just sold mine with my 1960V cab a year ago. That amp was so much awesome in one package....unfortunately it was also so awesome that it hurt my back every time I had to transport it. :(
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

TamuT

Really love the sound of Prof Tweed, thanks RunOffGroove.

p.s. Slade's work just keeps getting better and better, simply amazing  :icon_biggrin:

knealebrown

Damn i  cant wait to etch, hopefully mine will turn out like some of yours. Heres my first shot at laminating and glueing though, its a foxx tone machine. enjoy.

Processaurus

Quote from: knealebrown on March 23, 2010, 06:15:47 PM
laminating

Cool!  How thick is the lamination, how'd you do it?  I just found a sign place in my town that prints on vinyl, they make it work by laminating over the printing with a not terribly thin clear plastic, I was thinking some variation could make a decent, robust pedal decal.

knealebrown

just a standard laminating sheet. I used a cheap laminator i got for about £20. Then you stick the decal on with some UHU Glue and clearcoat over the top. Works pretty well although id avoid using white as a major basis for the design as mine picked up little flecks of dust. Will probably use this method again its quick, nice and flexible

tommy.genes

@knealebrown:

Do you live near the SlyFox Brewery?

http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/

We sometimes go camping in places where only canned beverages are permitted, no bottles, and SlyFox is a good local beverage that is also available in cans...

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

ghostsauce

Quote from: StereoKills on March 23, 2010, 10:27:04 AM

This is the Dr. Boogey I recently finished, it's my first build ever.  The pcb was created by John Lyons and he did a fantastic job as I'm sure you well know from his reputation, and I put it together very easily with the help of some people here. I plugged it in, biased the JFETs and it fired up on the first try.  I named it the WIN (On/Off) pedal.  The writing's small so I'll list it left-right, top-bottom.  Volume, Presence, Awesome (gain), Bass, Mid, Treb.  I used the true bypass rig and didn't bother adding the battery pack.  I won't show you the guts but the words "Robot Spaghetti" come to mind.  Ah well, it's my first build. :P

Is that the AVT150H footswitch? I just sold mine with my 1960V cab a year ago. That amp was so much awesome in one package....unfortunately it was also so awesome that it hurt my back every time I had to transport it. :(

Haha, why yes it is.  And yeah it is a big sucker... I find it's actually easier to carry the cabinet with one arm for some reason, it's just too awkward when you're leaning forward trying to use both handles at once.  But it's worth it, I love it.  I use a Mesa 12AU7 in it instead of the EHx one it comes with, It sounds really nice but I've never liked the OD channels.  I just run dirt pedals in front.  

knealebrown

Quote from: tommy.genes on March 24, 2010, 08:42:38 AM
@knealebrown:

Do you live near the SlyFox Brewery?

http://www.slyfoxbeer.com/

We sometimes go camping in places where only canned beverages are permitted, no bottles, and SlyFox is a good local beverage that is also available in cans...

-- T. G. --

No im in the U.K and have not seen it sold over here. i just typed in sly fox on google and it popped up, was just what i was looking for. I figured as i wasnt selling it that using the image would be ok. Whats it like? i love a decent beer.

tommy.genes

I would say it is a good, local, craft-brewed beer (also available in cans). I am not an expert on their full product line by any means, since we have quite a few excellent craft breweries in the area, and I can not drink nearly as much in one sitting as I used to.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

StereoKills

Quote from: ghostsauce on March 24, 2010, 08:44:39 AM
Quote from: StereoKills on March 23, 2010, 10:27:04 AM

Haha, why yes it is.  And yeah it is a big sucker... I find it's actually easier to carry the cabinet with one arm for some reason, it's just too awkward when you're leaning forward trying to use both handles at once.  But it's worth it, I love it.  I use a Mesa 12AU7 in it instead of the EHx one it comes with, It sounds really nice but I've never liked the OD channels.  I just run dirt pedals in front. 

I could never use one arm....I had a 1960 vintage edition cab which was considerably bigger and heavier than the stock 4x12 that came with the AVT series. Sounded so nice though with Celestion Vintage 30's. Funny, when I had it I didn't use dirt pedals at all, just loved the OD2 channel.

StereoKills

Here I have my fifth build, the first one I've actually done anything with the enclosure. I decided to try my hand at etching (inspired by Slade's pedals) and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for my first time. No paint, but maybe I will in the future if the mood strikes me. Inside is a slightly tweeked Rat circuit.

Dan N

Quote from: knealebrown on March 23, 2010, 06:15:47 PM
Damn i  cant wait to etch, hopefully mine will turn out like some of yours. Heres my first shot at laminating and glueing though, its a foxx tone machine. enjoy.

What's that enclosure?

knealebrown

is an instrument case from maplin (uk) they are like radio shack but U.K based.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1728

Hides-His-Eyes

I have one of those cases at home, I was thinking of making it into an "inventobox" permanent breadboard box :)