News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmwreck

Quote from: knealebrown on May 22, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
too many awesome builds to comment on separately but they all look great.
Heres another orange squeezer, like it so much i built a second  ;D......for my other board, dont tell my main one it'll only make her jealous.   :icon_wink:

very cute, here's my orange squeezer:

mth5044

Thank you very much!

Quote from: darron on May 22, 2010, 06:48:43 AM
Quote from: mth5044 on May 21, 2010, 11:26:34 PM
Darron, are those 10mm LED's? and where(/part number if you have it) did you get either of the bezels? Thanks!  :)

You bet! I love them! I'm finally out of my high efficiency clear LED phase! haha

Something like this:
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=Z0230

azrael

D*A*M Drag'N'Fly clone:

Steve Mavronis

This is my first ever DIY pedal build and using my own original PCB layout too! I was going to wait until page 741 for this ;) but I just finished the first of two (the second one is in black powder coat) of my DOD 250 Overdrive 1979 gray spec clones:

I play tested it today (on my lowly practice amp) and it sounds much better than my DOD YJM308 treble factory. It definitely has more soul and an almost tube like quality, even on my solid state amp. The notes played have a  rich full body tone and quality to them. Tomorrow I get to test it on a Fender tube amp my wife's cousin Jimmy has who is a SRV nut.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

John Lyons

That looks great Steve! Nice work. And it's your first build!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

John Lyons

Quote from: azrael on May 22, 2010, 06:45:31 PM
D*A*M Drag'N'Fly clone:

Great looking box! I dig that,
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mth5044

Very nice, Steve! I enjoyed following all your threads.. like reading a book

TimWaldvogel

Quote from: kupfer_m on May 22, 2010, 08:18:28 AM
Quote from: Galego on May 21, 2010, 06:39:31 PM
I spent some time (a lot actually) this week browsing through this whole topic. Really impressive stuff.

Mine aren't nearly as good, but i'd like to show them anyway. :)

TS-808

LPB-1 + Valvecaster, although it has micro-switches, it's still true-bypass, J/K flip-flop and relays.

I like the tubescreamer graphics !
And that Valvecaster is one of the prettiest 'Caster' designs I've seen in this thread.

i have a behringer ultrabass control switch that got thrown in with my stuff somehow at some random show i played. it doesnt work for anything. anybody know how to convert it into something remotely useful?
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT LARGE PEDALBOARDS....

.... I BET YOU WISH YOUR PEDALBOARD WAS AS LARGE AS MINE

phector2004

Quote from: knealebrown on May 22, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
too many awesome builds to comment on separately but they all look great.
Heres another orange squeezer, like it so much i built a second  ;D......for my other board, dont tell my main one it'll only make her jealous.   :icon_wink:

haha love it! Just happened to see the movie 2 days ago for the first time. Have yet to read the book

azrael

Quote from: John Lyons on May 22, 2010, 08:17:06 PM
Great looking box! I dig that,
Thanks! I got the idea/tip from Dragonfly a long time ago. How strangely coincidental, now that I think about it!  :P

jmwreck

here is a booster I've made recently:

markeebee

Ok, I give up.  Abloy?

Taylor

elshiftos

Quote from: markeebee on May 23, 2010, 04:56:42 PM
Ok, I give up.  Abloy?

OT but I LOL'ed at your sig!

Gotta be a Brit, right?

jmwreck

Ok, I give up.  Abloy?

I've made this pedal for a friend

Abloy is the nickname of the owner, maybe he's real name is Paul (translation in BISAYA - PABLO ,  maybe that would justify his nickname) ;D  in my country, people make nicknames putting "OY" or "Y" at the end.  Paul can be Pablo, Abloy or Poloy, it doesn't matter.   ;D ::)

Quote from: Taylor on May 23, 2010, 05:10:18 PM
Abloy - The global leader in door opening solutions?

yup, that's definitely it, pretty strong Lock as what I've heard

Quote from: elshiftos on May 23, 2010, 10:13:54 PM
Ok, I give up.  Abloy?

OT but I LOL'ed at your sig!

Gotta be a Brit, right?

Abloy wanted his pedal to have a british accent, and he loves it right now.

Electric Warrior

Hornby-Skewes Shatterbox clone:

Marcos Camara

Box,
I ordered the enclosure with steel plate in 18, and the painting did swirl.

Arma,
but the DC jack soldered on a PCB to specify it with the DPDT, also do not like the external jacks.

Thanks.
Marcos
Brasil.

Galego

Thanks for the comments :)

Quote from: CynicalMan on May 22, 2010, 08:42:37 AM
You might want to get a bar or shield over that tube.

I only use them at home, and if i ever need to use them for anything else, i'll probably just have to build them in another type of enclosure.

Quote from: TimWaldvogel on May 23, 2010, 02:44:33 AM
i have a behringer ultrabass control switch that got thrown in with my stuff somehow at some random show i played. it doesnt work for anything. anybody know how to convert it into something remotely useful?

You can use it to build two simple boosts, or a boost with a switchable mod, something like that. Have the potentiometers and jacks on the back side.

rockhorst

Technically not my first build, but the first one I finished and am fully pleased with anyway: AMZ mini booster. Loving it! Works great with my Strats, just had to take out C6 from the original schematic to keep it from distorting. Really great great booster and pretty transparant IMO. No reason to turn the knob beyond noon either

Some pics (sorry for the bad phone quality):
Finished pedal

Not the tidiest gut shot

On the board with some commercial friends

And to make it all complete, my stripboard layout
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

mth5044

Electric Warrior, that looks great, got any clips?