News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbinator1

Quote from: Talon5051 on May 29, 2010, 12:08:57 PM
Quote5150 emulation. Sounds very good so far.
The 5150 is a great amp.  Will you be able to provide audio samples when it is finished?  I would love to hear it.

Is it your own design?  A 5150 emu. would surely have enough popularity to be as..er..popular as the Dr. Boogey!  Have you named it?  Sound clips please!   8)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

rousejeremy

My first build after coming back from tour. GGG Boutique '60s fuzz. Enclosure by John Lyons.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: John Lyons on May 29, 2010, 01:57:30 PM

Oh I like that a lot being a techie myself. Very clean interior too. Great as usual. :)
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

g.

AC128 PNP germanium (purple) FUZZFACE

Galego

Quote from: philbinator1 on May 29, 2010, 12:20:42 PM
The 5150 is a great amp.  Will you be able to provide audio samples when it is finished?  I would love to hear it.

Is it your own design?  A 5150 emu. would surely have enough popularity to be as..er..popular as the Dr. Boogey!  Have you named it?  Sound clips please!   8)

Yes, it's my design, based on the Dr. Boogey and on the 5150 schematics.

I don't have clips so far, i'm waiting for a friend to test it first, because i'm making it for him, and he has a 5150 head, so he'll be a better judge of how close it sounds to the real thing than me. But if he gives it the OK to go ahead (and probably if he doesn't because i like and i'll probably do it anyway for myself), i'll etch a pcb and then post clips. Shouldn't take too long.
Then if you like it, i'll post schematics, layouts and pics.

Any suggestions for a name?

paulyy

Quote from: Galego on May 29, 2010, 03:21:37 PM
The 5150 is a great amp.  Will you be able to provide audio samples when it is finished?  I would love to hear it.

Is it your own design?  A 5150 emu. would surely have enough popularity to be as..er..popular as the Dr. Boogey!  Have you named it?  Sound clips please!   8)

I don't have clips so far, i'm waiting for a friend to test it first, because i'm making it for him, and he has a 5150 head, so he'll be a better judge of how close it sounds to the real thing than me. But if he gives it the OK to go ahead (and probably if he doesn't because i like and i'll probably do it anyway for myself), i'll etch a pcb and then post clips. Shouldn't take too long.

I think I speack for all. Please do.

Galego

Quote from: paulyy on May 29, 2010, 04:48:55 PM
Quote from: Galego on May 29, 2010, 03:21:37 PM

I think I speack for all. Please do.

http://skynet3d.planetaclix.pt/5150test.mov

This is the best i can do for now. It was recorded through my Condor Cab Sim, and it doesn't handle the low end that well... It's the same with the Dr Boogey. When it's in pcb i'll record it through my amp with a mic.

philbinator1

What about the '5151' or '5160' or '5150-IAB (in a box)' or something like that?  Sounds fantastic man, I love it!  Would it have a full eq setup like the Dr Boogie?  But yeah dude I would totally be into building that when you're done!   :)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

rousejeremy

Quote from: philbinator1 on May 29, 2010, 09:35:54 PM
What about the '5151' or '5160' or '5150-IAB (in a box)' or something like that?  Sounds fantastic man, I love it!  Would it have a full eq setup like the Dr Boogie?  But yeah dude I would totally be into building that when you're done!   :)
+1
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Quackzed

that circuitboard top is great!  it would be cool to use little smt leds on the top as indicators... :-X
i can't tell if thats just a decal, but it looks like a real pcb!

that purple box is cool too, i like the big dials . it's kinda...?!? ... cute. like a little owl  :D  :D  :D
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Galego

Yes, it has the same sort of eq as the Dr. Boogie, it's basically the same on both amps, the only difference i see is one pot and one cap values are different and there's an extra resistor around the Mid pot.

deadastronaut

Quote from: rousejeremy on May 29, 2010, 09:38:51 PM
+1

+1 again....sounds like a cool project..... :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Talon5051

QuoteWhat about the '5151' or '5160' or '5150-IAB (in a box)' or something like that?
5150-IAB is cool then if you do one for the 5150II and 5150III you could do 5150II-IAB etc.  Thanks for sharing.

azrael

51-Five-O sounds way cooler. :D

cloudscapes

more of the same bitcrusher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

knealebrown

ive seen it before but that is honestly beautifull
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 30, 2010, 06:20:53 PM
more of the same bitcrusher

You get my vote for the most innovative & visually pleasing effects on here. Fantastic yet again.

pazuzu

how much? i wouldn't mind buying one.