News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamuT

Etched enclosure for this Super Furry Animal  8)

adf

^^^brilliant etch! i tried that once, didn't turn out as well as yours, congrats!

Here's my Angry Dog, a silicon clipping diodes sorta thing. Chipped and scratched for that "worn in" look :D

Guts:

Cheers,
Al

deadastronaut

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on June 23, 2010, 02:09:10 PM
First pedal I've ever fully boxed up and had working- a present for my best mate's 21st. Took me about 10 hours including breadboarding it but he's going to love it...

great stuff..nice present.....been to maplins...or bitsbox?....i recognise that box & knobs etc.......

have you put little bits of vero on your pot connections?...hmmmm.... :icon_idea:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 24, 2010, 06:30:05 AM
First pedal I've ever fully boxed up and had working- a present for my best mate's 21st. Took me about 10 hours including breadboarding it but he's going to love it...

great stuff..nice present.....been to maplins...or bitsbox?....i recognise that box & knobs etc.......

have you put little bits of vero on your pot connections?...hmmmm.... :icon_idea:

maplin for the enclosure, bitsbox for the knobs... Maybe for christmas I'll get him some nice guitar-style ones!

Yeah: I was having real problems soldering directly to the tabs, and the vero just made my offboard wiring so much easier! The cost is of course ~ 1cm of depth but to people with unstable hands like me it makes a big difference. Even lets you join two pins together more easily when you just want a variable resistor (Why is that done, by the way?)

solderman

Hi
This is the supreme compressor "Diana Ross".
It's a layout that will build both the MXR Dyna Comp and the Ross Compressor. All fitted in a small box. Of cause it will fit in whatever bigger box as well. The layout is based on the schematic found on Tonepad but what I understand it is stock. I made some mods suggested by Mark Hammer (see fuzzcentral.com)   The tin can is a NOS mojo CA3080 OTA made in India, that I by mistake ordered from Small bear in stead of a DIL8 but I think it looks cool.

And here are the project files

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Diana Ross/Diana Ross PCB.pdf

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Diana Ross/Diana Ross Project File.pdf
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

roseblood11

@keto: My son says that he want´s a Fat Bender cake for his second birthday  :D :D :D

@TamuT: Really a great etching!!! I tried to use fonts llike that, but the results were poor

studiostud

Quote from: adf on June 24, 2010, 05:51:08 AM
^^^brilliant etch! i tried that once, didn't turn out as well as yours, congrats!

Here's my Angry Dog, a silicon clipping diodes sorta thing. Chipped and scratched for that "worn in" look :D

Guts:

Cheers,
Al

Hey Al,

What is your process for fabricated the plexiglass.  Do you have it cut or do it yourself?  Do you buy large sheets or smaller pieces one pedal at a time?  If you do make them yourself, what tools are you using to cut and round the edges?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

phector2004

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on June 24, 2010, 07:32:12 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on June 24, 2010, 06:30:05 AM

maplin for the enclosure, bitsbox for the knobs... Maybe for christmas I'll get him some nice guitar-style ones!

Yeah: I was having real problems soldering directly to the tabs, and the vero just made my offboard wiring so much easier! The cost is of course ~ 1cm of depth but to people with unstable hands like me it makes a big difference. Even lets you join two pins together more easily when you just want a variable resistor (Why is that done, by the way?)

In case the wiper fails, you get the full resistance of the pot instead of a short circuit

Great present, i wish my friends got me guitar gear!

and TamuT, that's a very lovely etch!

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: phector2004 on June 24, 2010, 01:30:08 PM

In case the wiper fails, you get the full resistance of the pot instead of a short circuit

:icon_idea: Genius.

adf

Hey Al,
What is your process for fabricated the plexiglass.  Do you have it cut or do it yourself?  Do you buy large sheets or smaller pieces one pedal at a time?  If you do make them yourself, what tools are you using to cut and round the edges?

I got the plexi off ebay, A4 size. It is actually quite easily DIY cut and filed into size and shape. Take a look at this tutorial>
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

tubelectron

Quote from: adf on June 24, 2010, 05:52:27 PM
Hey Al,

I got the plexi off ebay, A4 size. It is actually quite easily DIY cut and filed into size and shape. Take a look at this tutorial>
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

I buy it in a 600x800mm format, usually, and cut it myself, simply because it is faster and cheaper...
Makrolon (Bayer), Lexan (Degussa) = PC Polycarbonate
Altuglas (GEC-Alstom) = PMMA Polymethylmethacrylate
For our use, these 2 common variants are similar, and yes, it is actually quite easily DIY cut and filed into size and shape.
To cut it, I use a jigsaw, or a blade press.
To put it a the exact size, I use a plane.
To drill it, I use a workbench column drill machine.
I use it on the top of the box - never thought using it underneath, but it is a good idea for a lighted version - I just would in this case add an invisible shielding.
See an example of one of my top box lighted plexi :
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

deadastronaut

looks good on top...

i get my plexi glass (perspex in the uk) from rubbish photo frames from cheap pound shops..

its the ideal size....i get four pedals worth for a quid.nice thickness to work with..

thats where i get all my leds from too..out of lighters with blue led torches in...

6 for a quid.....result...maplins want £1.89 for just 1...ripoffs lol... :icon_lol:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Thomeeque

Quote from: phector2004 on June 24, 2010, 01:30:08 PM

In case the wiper fails, you get the full resistance of the pot instead of an open circuit ;) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

pazuzu

ghostsauce

Woot! Just completed my 2nd build and it fired up the first try and sounds GLORIOUS! I'm 2/2, go me.
It's a large beaver, triangle, from byoc. I admit I was a little let down by the loose bottom end on this pedal, but I quickly realized that isn't what it's for. I've got other boxes for that, and this thing brings me the best lead tone I've ever had. It absolutely sings, and was really simple to build compared to the dr boogie I did.

earthtonesaudio

At work I had to make many batches of optical grade epoxy over the last 2 years.  Each batch was about 4g, and I mixed them in little plastic cups.  I would re-use the cup after the previous batch had dried, and over time the layers built up to a bit over 1/2".  Today I finally got around to doing something with the stuff.  

Clear knob:

From another angle, next to my first attempt:

The black stuff in the grooves on the left one is leftover rouge from the buffing wheel that I haven't tried to clean off yet.  The one on the right didn't see Mr. Buffing Wheel, obviously.

studiostud

those are sick, man.  nice job thinking outside the box!  (no pun intended)
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Nikolay

Hi guys. This is my latest project: 8 channel looper.
The input signal can be routed to only one output channel by pressing its
control button. Turning on a channel disconnects the previously active
channnel and etc. You can have only one active channel at a time.

Here I use simple cmos switching logic with 4013 and true bypass relay control.

I make this device for Bart at http://www.effectsdatabase.com/

Hides-His-Eyes

How much do those enclosures cost you?

MmmPedals

Any chance at a schematic for that looper? I was thinking of building one of those for a while now.
Looks great BTW.