News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galego

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on September 08, 2010, 03:57:16 PM
Ah, so you're the one snatching up all my Alpha right-angle PCB mount pots! No wonder I can't find the ones I need.

LOL, really your builds look great. Can't wait to see them in enclosures!

:icon_redface:

Taylor

But I'm curious why you don't buy the long pin ones if you're going to bend them to be long? The long pin ones seem easier to come by as well.

Galego

Quote from: Taylor on September 08, 2010, 05:05:29 PM
But I'm curious why you don't buy the long pin ones if you're going to bend them to be long? The long pin ones seem easier to come by as well.

The place i ordered them from (musikding) only had these, i didn't even know there were longer ones, but thanks for the tip, next time, i'll try to order from mouser or something like that, i'm sure they have all kinds of pots.

Taylor

Actually, Mouser does not have those particular ones. I didn't realize you were in Europe, so in that case I see why you'd go with those. Small Bear has the long pin ones and they seem to be in less demand, so easier to get.

Jimi W

With the Star Wars theme cropping up again I thought I'd post a few pictures of the last few Star Wars themed pedals I've made. The pics were very rushed as I was about to head out the door and drop them off to their new owner when i realised I hadn't taken any pics! School boy error! Sorry but theres no guts shots as I didnt have time but they are really just switching pedals and therefore pretty simple guts.

ABYX Wing - Passive ABY pedal using The Big Mans layout with the addition of a 3rd output for a THIRD amp  :icon_eek: with its own fx chain. This 3rd amp can be bypassed or selected independantly of the other 2 amps. It was made for a friend so the outputs are labled for his amps to make it easier for setting up at gigs. The Asteroid Belt label was his idea, its suppposed to reflect the chain of pedals  for the third amp 'floating around' until he switches them in. Was worried there'd be ground loop issues but he says everything works perfectly  :o
You can probably make out on the pics that there are holes on each of the starfighters weapons where an LED is mounted behind. I didnt get chance to take any pics but they look great esp when all 3 amps are activated!

Send/Return Of The Jedi - True bypass looper. Simple build but my first in a 1590A. Again 2 LED's behind Yodas eyes that light up green when the pedal is engaged.

Amp Footswitch for a 96 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. Design is inspired by Lukes battle damaged helmet used in his X-Wing. The Rebel Alliance logo is a reverse etch on a copper clad faceplate and the surround is distressed white paint to give the look of battle damage. LED is Orange and really suits the pedal.

Think these are going to be my last pedals for a while as my first child is due in just over 9 weeks. A little baby boy  :icon_biggrin:

Jimi

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Taylor on September 08, 2010, 05:53:06 PM
Actually, Mouser does not have those particular ones. I didn't realize you were in Europe, so in that case I see why you'd go with those. Small Bear has the long pin ones and they seem to be in less demand, so easier to get.

For me the long pin ones that SB has aren't in stock for the values I need, 100K audio and 500K reverse audio. They are out of both values in the short pins one's I've currently been using and designed my PCB around. I would also like to keep using them in future builds of any clone I do. PPP told me they were ordering some to keep in stock but noting yet so far. I could use the regular lug ones and add "pins" soldered to the lug openings but still holding out until last resort just because it's a hassle and won't look as nice or uniform.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

alexzanderepair

OMG send return of the JEDI!!!!! that is tooo good. I HATE YOU!!!! ... LOL

jkokura

Quote from: Perrow on September 08, 2010, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: jkokura on September 08, 2010, 01:59:37 AM
I plan a massive pedalboard project one day. 4 or 5 of my favourite pedals each sporting a great star wars character. Black for Vader or the Emperor, Green for Obi-wan or Yoda, Blue for Luke, Red for Han, Gold/Silver for Threepio/R2, and White for "the commitee" (ten points for the first to tell us who that is, and which movie that's from). Now that I have the enclosure designs down, I have to come up with what goes in them... Hmmm... Green = TS and Gold/Silver = Klon, but all the others evade me.

Jacob

I'd go for a orange for Han, project choise obvious, as is the scene for the graphics.

Blues breaker, perhaps?

Orange for Han? I'm not following. But my wife did say I should do Brown for Chewie.

Jacob

metalero30

update

last works (in my blog you can find demos)

dr boogies

new habillity adquired: reverse etching

kupfer_m

Quote from: Jimi W on September 08, 2010, 05:56:41 PM

Send/Return Of The Jedi - True bypass looper. Simple build but my first in a 1590A. Again 2 LED's behind Yodas eyes that light up green when the pedal is engaged.

That's really funny! Great etchjob too.

Think these are going to be my last pedals for a while as my first child is due in just over 9 weeks. A little baby boy  :icon_biggrin:
Jimi

Congrats!

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 07, 2010, 06:23:30 PM
Here's my last pedal, it's a Spanish themed Meatball Albondiwah that I've (  :icon_rolleyes: ) built for Slade.  :icon_lol:
Yeah, you wish, zen-cyborg.... :icon_rolleyes:

Here's a demo for this pedal, hope you like it. It was recorded with my Godin Exit 22, bridge Humbucker, using a Yamaha SS 20w with Celestion speaker at bedroom volume:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/AlbondiWah%20Demo%201.mp3

Oh, and a better picture (it was a little hard to get King Kong's hand to take the picture, but he likes Meatballs..):

Regards,
Fernando.-

kupfer_m

Quote from: Slade on September 09, 2010, 10:41:07 AM

Here's a demo for this pedal, hope you like it. It was recorded with my Godin Exit 22, bridge Humbucker, using a Yamaha SS 20w with Celestion speaker at bedroom volume:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/AlbondiWah%20Demo%201.mp3

Oh, and a better picture (it was a little hard to get King Kong's hand to take the picture, but he likes Meatballs..):

Regards,
Fernando.-

Hi Slade,

Nice one (again...)
I have a little question: How long does it take to etch such a reverse etch like to one pictured?
You use ferric chloride, right?

Thanks,
Jim

stringsthings

With the Star Wars theme cropping up again I thought I'd post a few pictures of the last few Star Wars themed pedals I've made.

Jimi

great job, mate !

Thomeeque

Quote from: Nikolay on September 08, 2010, 08:06:02 AM
Here is my latest project.

Quote from: Slade on September 09, 2010, 10:41:07 AM

Just another masterpieces - so boooring  :icon_mrgreen: T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Processaurus

Jimi W

Quote from: Processaurus on September 09, 2010, 06:21:27 PM

Maybe you need a Han Solo Boost?

The Han Solo's already been done  :icon_wink:
Keep the ideas coming though! I've got a list of ideas but it's just finding time to build them!

Quote from: Jimi W on April 28, 2010, 10:05:54 AM
Hi,

Heres a couple more Star Wars influenced pedals....

The Han Solo

Aron's beginners project from this site, great pedal!

The ABY Wing

Passive AB Y box

The collection so far...

Cheers,
Jimi

Slade

Quote from: kupfer_m on September 09, 2010, 02:04:09 PM
Hi Slade,

Nice one (again...) -> Thanks!
I have a little question: How long does it take to etch such a reverse etch like to one pictured? -> About 10 minutes at the etchant.
You use ferric chloride, right? -> Yes!

Thanks, -> You're welcome! :icon_smile:
Jim

Skruffyhound

The Princess Leia Super Hard-on, LOL

kupfer_m

Quote from: Slade on September 09, 2010, 07:08:50 PM

I have a little question: How long does it take to etch such a reverse etch like to one pictured? -> About 10 minutes at the etchant.
You use ferric chloride, right? -> Yes!

Only 10 minutes???
You have a pretty strong solution then or is a reverse etch quicker than a normal etch?
My 'barcode-fuzzfactory' took nearly an hour to etch :icon_sad:

regards,
Jim

studiostud

Quote from: Jimi W on September 09, 2010, 06:29:42 PM
The Han Solo's already been done  :icon_wink:
Keep the ideas coming though! I've got a list of ideas but it's just finding time to build them!

How bout the "Boba FET BOOSTER" or for his son, Jango, "JFET Booster".

You could do a dual something gross and gnarly and call it The Betrayal with Lando on one side and Judas on the other...

....or  Big Hoth Pi?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.