Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a soBer Newt

Quote from: mikemaddux on November 24, 2010, 05:09:13 AM
Quote from: a soBer Newt on November 24, 2010, 12:55:54 AM
Mammoth Fuzz

Looks like a funky Hershey's Chocolate Bar......I like it

Tanks for all the love guys.
Hey Mike hows it going? Thanks for the parts going to need to get some more soon.

jefe

Mammoth Fuzz

That is pure Rock and Roll right there. Sometimes I think we put way too much time in to how pretty the insides (and outsides) of our pedals look. Mount this in a rusty box, no knobs, duct tape holding it together, etc, and rock on!  8)

ayayay!

@ John Lyons:  Why the pic of the Contact Cement back on p. 721?  I'm guessing that's how you mount your boards to the pots? 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

~arph

There is a smiley on the lid!   ;D

John Lyons

Quote from: ~arph on November 24, 2010, 09:47:30 AM
There is a smiley on the lid!   ;D

Ding Ding Ding! A winner.  :icon_wink:
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mikemaddux

Quote from: a soBer Newt on November 24, 2010, 05:12:45 AM
Quote from: mikemaddux on November 24, 2010, 05:09:13 AM
Mammoth Fuzz

Looks like a funky Hershey's Chocolate Bar......I like it

Tanks for all the love guys.
Hey Mike hows it going? Thanks for the parts going to need to get some more soon.

Doing great!  Let me know anytime you need 3pdt's/enclosures/jacks....ive always got them
Thanks for the add on facebook too!
Completed Builds: A lot...

eniacmike

the echoplex preamp pedal. madbean's sexy blue pcb "fatpants" project.

Kearns892

Quote from: g. on November 22, 2010, 10:22:56 AM

silicon fuzz, bc109.

Any chance you can let us know how you got the screws recessed? Was it as simple as a going slow with a steady hand or did you use any sort of tricks?

Güero

Another TS9 w/ mods

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

eniacmike

my first klon clone  :icon_biggrin:
madbean's sunking ver. 3 pcb

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Kearns892 on November 24, 2010, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: g. on November 22, 2010, 10:22:56 AM

silicon fuzz, bc109.

Any chance you can let us know how you got the screws recessed? Was it as simple as a going slow with a steady hand or did you use any sort of tricks?

Use a Stepped bit.  Once you have it to the size hole you need, go a little bit further with the next size up the bit.  This should should provide recess.
Try a little tenderness.

John Lyons

Or a counter sinking bit which would give you a more accurate hole recess angle.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

g.

with this tool :
"Fraise d'encastrement de têtes de vis"in french, sorry i don't know the english name.

~arph

Quote from: eniacmike on November 24, 2010, 11:27:31 PM

my first klon clone  :icon_biggrin:
madbean's sunking ver. 3 pcb

Mmm.. I can't say I'm a fan of that layout.. resitors standing like that, next to resistors flat

Mich P

Arph said :
"Mmm.. I can't say I'm a fan of that layout.. resitors standing like that, next to resistors flat"

The layout call for 1/8 watt resistors so ...
Mich P.

tuckster

Quote from: g. on November 25, 2010, 02:39:47 AM

with this tool :
"Fraise d'encastrement de têtes de vis"in french, sorry i don't know the english name.

Countersink in english http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersink
Or just use a much bigger drill bit.
  • SUPPORTER

Skruffyhound

A countersink gives the right angle for the screw head, drills have a more flat profile, so you either have more material removed around the screw head or it won't be deep enough to get the screw completely flush with the enclosure. They are not so expensive, and the results are much more prof. ^^^

~arph

Quote from: Mich P on November 25, 2010, 03:21:59 AM
The layout call for 1/8 watt resistors so ...
Mich P.

Ok, that makes sense. Not many DIY'er use them though if I use these pages as a reference. Good idea though, I'm in desparate need to shrink some layouts of myself and I don't want to go SMD on passives.

Galego

Quote from: ~arph on November 25, 2010, 03:01:08 AM
Mmm.. I can't say I'm a fan of that layout.. resitors standing like that, next to resistors flat

Why? Just personal preference? I'll do that if the space i have requires it. Also if you look at pedals like the original TS-808s you'll see lots of that.

But i do a couple of bends on them, it looks cool and stops the resistor from tilting down while i'm soldering:

~arph

Yes, just the looks. The way you do it looks better to me too. Two pads side by side. Not little croquet hoops. But as said, they are meant for 1/8 W resistors.