News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roseblood11

Nice layout! Is it published somewhere?
If it fits in a hammond B or any other easily available enclosure, I would be really interested in using it
- a TS-9 would make a perfect christmas present for a couple of friends... :)

nomorebetts

Quote from: Güero on December 05, 2010, 05:19:45 PM
TS9 w/ mods...soon the finished project

^^^Are those pots just standing on extended legs!?  :icon_eek: That's awesome!

I finally got some knobs to finish my Valve Caster:

I hand sanded down the aluminium box.... NEVER AGAIN! 

I also need to be careful I don't take out the tube when stomping on this puppy.

I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Güero

Quote from: roseblood11 on December 05, 2010, 06:58:04 PM
Nice layout! Is it published somewhere?
If it fits in a hammond B or any other easily available enclosure, I would be really interested in using it
- a TS-9 would make a perfect christmas present for a couple of friends... :)

I used not share a comercial layout....I don't think that is fair with my customers.
But I share about 90 layouts at the brazilian forum called Handmades ( www.handmades.com.br   - login required )

Thats fits in a bigger box...I'll show later.
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Güero

Quote from: nomorebetts on December 06, 2010, 02:30:56 AM
^^^Are those pots just standing on extended legs!?  :icon_eek: That's awesome!

I extend the terminals with resitor terminals.
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

ayayay!

Quote from: nomorebetts on December 06, 2010, 02:30:56 AM
I finally got some knobs to finish my Valve Caster:

I hand sanded down the aluminium box.... NEVER AGAIN! 

I also need to be careful I don't take out the tube when stomping on this puppy. 

Nice job!  That's actually my next planned build.  Would you mind telling me how it sounds?  (Any clips?   ;D )  And which schem did you use?  I've got about 8 of them!!!  Thank you!
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

nomorebetts

Quote from: ayayay! on December 06, 2010, 09:36:14 AM
Nice job!  That's actually my next planned build.  Would you mind telling me how it sounds?  (Any clips?   ;D )  And which schem did you use?  I've got about 8 of them!!!  Thank you!

Cheers!  I used the vero layout on the top of page three of this PDF:
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/12AU7-6111_Valve_Caster_Summary_Rev002.pdf
But I changed C1 and C2 to 22nF (or 33nF I can't remember now) as it was too muddy with my humbuckers.
I run it at 12V and it has a EHX 12AU7 in it and it sounds very smooth and warm.  If I was to build another one I would omit the tone control as it's almost useless.  Sorry no sounds clips yet.
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

eniacmike

This is a tube sound fuzz I made for my irish friend for christmas hopefully it will be an awesome surprise, she has no idea.
paint is testors one coat lacquer mystic emerald

5 knob fuzz. this is another christmas present pedal for my friend zeke. His wife emailed me about doing a christmas pedal for him.

this is madbean's slow loris (rat with 3 way clipping selector) my personal pedal although my friend ALREADY borrowed it and used it on his new record so I am really hoping he gives it back.
paint is testors one coat lacquer flaming orange

this is THREE bazz fusses that I made in one day (today) a new record. Usually I can't stay patient enough to do more than one pedal in a day but this is the simplest thing to build. the middle one is painted in testor's one coat lacquer color lime ice, the other two are raw aluminum.

John Lyons

Those look nice ! Clean work.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Strategy

fun, are your bazz fuss's a MELVINS themed graphic if I recall correctly?

Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

glops

Buzzo Fuzz! Yes!

I get to see The Melvins AT LEAST once when they do their every Friday night residency in January here in Los Angeles!

bean

Dude....sick. I love this thing. Reminds me of "Grim Fandango".

deadastronaut

@eniamike...love that green. and orange...nice

i used that  same celtic design for a irish friends pedal.one of my first etch's .small world...cool...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Al Heeley

Quote from: Al Heeley on November 23, 2010, 10:56:45 AM
Took me a while to finish this one but here is the final result.
My modded tubescreamer + mosfet boost pedal.
We have a shocking gutshot of the soft underbelly revealing just how disorganised my wiring is. The Mosfet boost circuit vero can be seen peeking out on the left of the tubescreamer board.
The tubescreamer has the 1meg gain pot that the Keeley mod uses, to extend range of available overdrive. We have selectable toggle switches for 2 different diode clipping stages - standard Si or LED clipping which gives a louder harsher distortion. We have a toggle switch for the AMZ 'Phat Boost' mod which switches in a larger value input cap to allow big fat slugs of bass through, this makes the pedal suitable for use as a bass guitar overdrive/distortion too. The 2 toggle switches each have a red/yellow bicolor LEd to show the status.
Mosfet boost switches in an extra 10 or 12db of boost after the tubescreamer to act as a solo boost and really crank up the input of a valve preamp. All in all a fiddly build but a pleasing end result.

Worked out a little youtube demo clip for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sXcutwwzbs

Slade

I like your pedestal! :icon_biggrin:

elshiftos

Quote from: eniacmike on December 06, 2010, 11:49:17 PM

This is a tube sound fuzz I made for my irish friend for christmas hopefully it will be an awesome surprise, she has no idea.

That laquer finish looks great - is it one coat straight onto the box? Any more info on this product and where to get an equivalent in the UK would be much appreciated!

TIA

eniacmike

Quote from: elshiftos on December 07, 2010, 07:59:22 PM
Quote from: eniacmike on December 06, 2010, 11:49:17 PM

That laquer finish looks great - is it one coat straight onto the box? Any more info on this product and where to get an equivalent in the UK would be much appreciated!

TIA

The testors one coat lacquer is just one coat straight onto the box. then waterslide decals. then three coats of minwax polyacrylic spray high gloss. I started using polyacrylic because it cleans up easier and the fumes are less potent. I would imagine they would sell it at hobby shops or craft stores. I buy it in the states at michaels craft stores in the section where they sell car models.

Pigyboy

Hey Al,
I have to quote you,
"I'm playing this sort of PRS...."
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Al Heeley

:)  :) Its my custom 24 with birds, single piece maple top from late 90's  :) fretboard like butter