Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulyy

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 05, 2011, 07:51:19 PM
the tiny tremoloooooooo built at long last... :icon_rolleyes:

edit:

heres the video demo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry?feature=mhum#p/u/0/UwvCvSwbXYI
Nice work! Love the way it sounds. Very warm sounding.

@aflynt
Nice work as well. Love the green paint. What did you use?

Sirppi

E: whoops  ;D wrong thread  :-X

aflynt

QuoteNice work as well. Love the green paint. What did you use?

Thank you.

Actually, I cheated. I ordered it pre-painted from Pedal Parts Plus. I believe they powder coat their enclosures.

-Aaron

phector2004

Nice enclosures!

Did you paint them yourself?

arawn

Must have schematic!!!!!!! Love the sound of the tiny tremolo Plus it looks awesome. Also it's very quiet no hiss or background noise how'd you manage that?
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

phector2004

Quote from: phector2004 on February 06, 2011, 12:27:17 PM
Nice enclosures!

Did you paint them yourself?
Yeah... ignore that... I posted directly from the last page...

Quote from: arawn on February 06, 2011, 04:58:03 PM
Must have schematic!!!!!!! Love the sound of the tiny tremolo Plus it looks awesome. Also it's very quiet no hiss or background noise how'd you manage that?

Check out the tiny tremoloooo thread, it's done by LED and photoresistor. Gonna build one one of these days...

deadastronaut

Quote from: arawn on February 06, 2011, 04:58:03 PM

cheers charles, it took a LOT  of trial and error and timeto get rid of the mindnumbing ticking....what i like about this trem is there is no volume drop either as the sound is straight through...

and only affected by the ldr....and therefore only needs a dpdt for true bypass too...its been a while in the making..but got there in the end. :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ShortScaleMike

That Tremolo is stunning. Great design.

Here's my latest, Custom Graphics from the customer.

studiostud

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on February 07, 2011, 04:36:57 AM
That Tremolo is stunning. Great design.

Here's my latest, Custom Graphics from the customer.

That looks pretty clean, mike!  Did you do epoxy for the clear coat?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

ayayay!

Keep 'em coming Mikey!  I like your builds so much, mainly because you still build on perf and they still look great.  Your skills seem to improve with each build.  I still build all my stuff on perfboard, mainly because I don't have time for ordering PCBs when I'll only build a few of them.  

If I ever get to the "next level" and do a run of say 30 or more of the same pedal, then yeah I'll order some, but I don't have the time to chase that right now.  

My only suggestion would be to make the soldering to those pot pins a little more secure.  Try stripping a little more cable than needed, then tin a little bit.  Pinch the tip of the cable between your thumb and the back of the pot, then wrap the pin tightly.  Solder, then snip off excess wire.  (The extra wire is so you can lay your thumb over the cable and get a nice tight wrap around the pin.)  Shrink wrap it if you feel like it.  :)
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Hides-His-Eyes

You can also bend the pins to 90 degrees and loop the wire round for a pretty well relieved joint too.

Or bust out the vero :)

ShortScaleMike

I'm never really sure about bending pot pins, it seems like it might weaken them a bit and introduce it's own issues, although when space is a factor I have to do it.

Thanks for the kind words and recommendations guys, I'll definitely try getting more stripped wire around the pots in future for a more secure and fully tinned joint. I think I'm getting the hang of keeping everything a lot more solid and cleaner these days, but I can always improve and take on advice, so I appreciate it.

I use Clear Acrylic Lacquer for clear coat, by the way.

familyortiz

My morphed design of RG's Hum Free Splitter. Look ma, no switches! There is an integrated DPDT in the isolated connector.

mattthegamer463

Latest creation, a very crammed-full Echo Base :)

A cookie to whoever can figure out how I did the lettering ;)

Barcode80

looks like either white decal with full face black print around the letters or clear decal over white paint spots...

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

rmachado

Hello excuse my ignorance, but how it's done the drawings in the cabinets?
Is there any topic here on the forum?
Thanks! Sorry for my english.

danielzink

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 08, 2011, 07:16:22 PM
Latest creation, a very crammed-full Echo Base :)

A cookie to whoever can figure out how I did the lettering ;)

Rub ons ?

mattthegamer463

No guts, sorry guys.  There isn't much to see, I kept the wires short by soldering them in place before I put the parts in place.  Heres the board before:

So, its crammed.  I had to file out some non-essential aluminum to make it close. 

Also, the design was done by painting the enclosure black and hitting it with a 45W laser cutter to vapourize the paint, leaving bare metal letters behind. Clear coat makes it shiny.  School got a new laser cutter.

I guess thats cheating.  Sorry guys.

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 08, 2011, 09:36:58 PM
Also, the design was done by painting the enclosure black and hitting it with a 45W laser cutter to vapourize the paint, leaving bare metal letters behind. Clear coat makes it shiny.  School got a new laser cutter. I guess thats cheating.  Sorry guys.

That's not cheating at all. I think it sounds like an interesting technique for labeling!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return