SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on February 08, 2011, 10:25:33 PM
Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 08, 2011, 09:36:58 PM
Also, the design was done by painting the enclosure black and hitting it with a 45W laser cutter to vapourize the paint, leaving bare metal letters behind. Clear coat makes it shiny.  School got a new laser cutter. I guess thats cheating.  Sorry guys.

That's not cheating at all. I think it sounds like an interesting technique for labeling!

that's how I do all of my pedals :D

you can always take it a step further and do photos and textures etc.... check out my custom builds page: http://www.dazatronyx.com/custom-shop/
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

John Lyons

Guild Foxey Lady with Midrange knob and diode lift at Q1 (Jumbo Tone Bender)
Toneczar style...(guy wanted it that way).
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2011, 02:25:08 AM

John. Truely awesome work as always.

Correct me if I am wrong but, the way you have the power switching wired up in this box; even if you are using wall wart power... you WILL NOT get power to the circuit without the input jack installed... RIGHT?

Also, How did you do the labeling? Is it etched PCB or is that etched right on the enclosure? Looks almost too thin to be PCB.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Perrow

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2011, 02:25:08 AM

Ever thought about doing a special order for battery connectors with two black cables?  8)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

John Lyons

Ever thought about doing a special order for battery connectors with two black cables?
At least there are some other red bits in there to match.  ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but, the way you have the power switching wired up in this box;
even if you are using wall wart power... you WILL NOT get power to the circuit without the
input jack installed... RIGHT?

Correct. Why would you need power without the input plug inserted anyway?
The control plate is aluminum and it was etched.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ronsonic

Quote from: John Lyons on February 09, 2011, 11:49:32 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but, the way you have the power switching wired up in this box;
even if you are using wall wart power... you WILL NOT get power to the circuit without the
input jack installed... RIGHT?

Correct. Why would you need power without the input plug inserted anyway?

I look at it the other way around, why would you need to preserve power if you're using a DC supply.

Great looking pedals.
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

Joecool85

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on February 08, 2011, 10:25:33 PM
Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 08, 2011, 09:36:58 PM
Also, the design was done by painting the enclosure black and hitting it with a 45W laser cutter to vapourize the paint, leaving bare metal letters behind. Clear coat makes it shiny.  School got a new laser cutter. I guess thats cheating.  Sorry guys.

That's not cheating at all. I think it sounds like an interesting technique for labeling!

I think it sounds like an AWESOME technique for labeling! 
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Dr.maligno

hi at all from spain.
here my last builds.

box of metal

jj´s submini, it´s not a pedal, but looks like.

vilolent distorsion

cheers.

Barcode80

Slightly modded Robin Trower OD:

tuckster

Quote from: Dr.maligno on February 09, 2011, 05:11:31 PM
hi at all from spain.
here my last builds.

Hi Dr.maligno,

this is a very cool box, I think I saw it somewhere in this forum before ;)
Rape and Scream, very nice, what labels do the other knobs have?

The amp is very nice too!

~tuck
  • SUPPORTER

Taylor

Here's my build of The Tone God's "Christine" on the new PCB I did. This is an incredibly fun, strange beast. I was going for a bit of a "dredged up from the bottom of the sea" look with the finish, and I like how it came out. The board is designed for normal 1/4w resistors but I just happened to only have 1/8w at the time.

Some more photos here:
http://musicpcb.com/wp-content/gallery/buildphotos/christine-side-angle2.jpg
http://musicpcb.com/wp-content/gallery/buildphotos/christine-front-dark2.jpg

StereoKills

hi at all from spain.
here my last builds.

Awesome box! Is that etched?
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

Pigyboy

First Angel etch attempt. I missed a few spots with the nail enamel and got some little unwanted pits.
hi at all from spain.

Hey Dr. Maligno,
Great work. Did you form the cage for your little amp? I like it. Where in Spain are you? I am over in Denia.
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

~arph

Ah Denia, I spent a week there over fifteen years back.Nice weather, great oranges  ;D The best I ever had, straight from the trees

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

solderman

Hi
Some times things take a little longer than you expected. This project was meant for the 666 competition. But a slow delivery of the small pot's crashed that plan. But better late then never. So here folks, meet The "Boogie Man" Its, as you might suspect a Dr. Boogie only in a slight smaller costume than you usually find him.

The paper decals is to be changed for water slides soon.

Soundsample:
http://solderman.fatabur.se/DR_Bogie/DB.mp3
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

blooze_man

Boggieman lol. Awesome work Solderman, as always
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

tasos

hey guys....where can i get mini pots from?[i mean small pots like the ones in the boogie man....]

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

solderman

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)