Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

Quote from: Slade on February 20, 2011, 04:48:41 PM
Hope you like it!

Cheers!
Fernando.

Perfect, hat's off, maestro! :) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

CynicalMan

Fuzz Factory with even moar stuff!

The box is a PPP anodized blue finish. It's beautiful and surprisingly durable.

In addition to the normal controls I added a BMP tone control with a mid switch, a pregain pot, and a switch to switch in a 10uF cap instead of the 0.1uF cap for a fatter, gainier,  gated-ier fuzz.

If anyone's interested in the specifics, I'll be posting them on my site soon.
                                                                                               |
                                                                                               |
                                                                                               |
                                     ----------------------------------------------
                                     |
                                   \/

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: Perrow on February 21, 2011, 08:54:17 AMI have to ask this Mike, I don't have a great memory, but even I can remember seeing more than one Muff you've built, have you any idea how many you've built? Doesn't it get kinda boring cranking out the same design (circuit) again and again? Especially on perf  :icon_eek:

Also love your tidy but not *nal wiring, looks like you've decided on effective production rather than perfection, knowing how many you crank out I guess that's a necessity.

hahah Yeah I should probably limit my postings to new designs or one offs I think, it's probably quite boring for you guys!

It does get somewhat boring making the same pedals but to be honest it is pretty mix and match, and the advantage if I do get a couple of the same orders come along at the same time is that I can bulk build which is quicker even on veroboard. As far as veroboard is concerned, I don't find it tedious to build with at all, and I think for me, someone who does a lot more custom and modified stuff than I do "standard" builds, it makes a lot more sense to me than batch making PCBs would - I can hack layouts quite easily and have a nice big folder of all my designs.

I think my "tidy but not anal" wiring is probably due to the fact I can't make it as pretty as some of the guys here, who make absolute works of art. I'm pretty happy with the results I'm getting these days, as it keeps the builds looking neat and tidy, which is a big help for the more complex stuff (like cramming two Overdrives into one box)

Thanks for the kind words.

nordine

Back on the DIY tracks!  ;D

John Lyons

Nice build, pics and colors.

(constructive criticism)
If you use washers on the jacks it will make the bushing
stick out less. (3/8 internal tooth lock washer)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Pigyboy

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Pigyboy

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

lazerphea

Nothing particularly fancy here, but I really like the color! :)

Renegadrian

It's very similar to the paint I usually use...Is that the Arexons from Leroy Merlin?!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

rousejeremy

I've been on this forum for a year or so, and I have to say that the quality of pedals being produced by members here is getting better and better. Keep up the good work folks!
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

darron

Quote from: lazerphea on February 21, 2011, 04:12:23 PM

Looks like a vault! :)
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Slade

Sparkling green... love the color and the knob! Really nice, Lazerphea :icon_mrgreen:

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

nordine

Quote from: nordine on February 21, 2011, 12:10:19 PM
Back on the DIY tracks!  ;D

imageshack deleted my pics don't know why, here are they again  ;D

deadastronaut

@lazerphea... my fave colour..... nice... should be called 'the safe cracker'... :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

g.

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 17, 2011, 11:25:07 PM
Laser-etched pedal #2

HI ...   beatiful !
what king of machine can do this ? how does it works

nordine

Quote from: John Lyons on February 21, 2011, 12:17:23 PM
Nice build, pics and colors.

(constructive criticism)
If you use washers on the jacks it will make the bushing
stick out less. (3/8 internal tooth lock washer)

thanks a lot John, you're right on the bushing thing, it looks a bit goofy :P, i'll try it right away

arma61

Quote from: lazerphea on February 21, 2011, 04:12:23 PM

looks like a bank's safe  :D

..and to open it... 3 turn to left .... 4 to the right...  :D  :D

nice job m8

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Galego