News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrael

ca cat, are the power supply outputs also isolated?

Mac Walker

Power distribution box and a tap tempo controller.

Gutshot -  it was a challenge but I got it all to fit. ;D

But seriously, made these boxes for Basic Audio.  Designed in AutoCAD, lasercut at a local shop, bent on a DIY handbrake at the house -

Close up detail -

skullservant

Awesome! Those look great.

ca cat

Quote from: azrael on February 23, 2012, 02:01:53 PM
ca cat, are the power supply outputs also isolated?

no, they re not. But in my experience this causes no problems. Suitable solution for many pedalboards
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

Pyr0

Here's another couple of my early attempts

Big Muff Pi, OpAmp version

MXR Phase 90 clone

karter2000

Quote from: DavenPaget on February 23, 2012, 01:33:36 PM
It's definitely a 'sinked LM7809 with some 1000uf caps on the input , that's all .

I'd be interested in a schematic as well.  If you are using a fixed regulator, is the resistor network not used then?

ca cat

combination of these two:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_ps_rps_sc.pdf
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/ultra_clean_ps_sc.gif

just replace the lm317 with 9v regulator in the ultra clena and you got it!
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

kungpow79

Are these for sale to the general pedal building enthusiast community?  :icon_wink:

skullservant

Been fooling around with the Bazz Fuss circuit all week and finally came up with something I enjoy. I call it the Gloom Drive. Huge output caps, tweaked resistor values, etc. More of a thick, dark overdrive than a full on fuzz. Incredibly loud.

First one is from an old enclosure I had laying around. I wanted to run this one off batteries. The LED shows if I need to turn off the battery or not.
No knob. Cranked all the time.

Second one is a more compact version, probably going to give this one away.

Lastly is the pretty one. It'll have a PTP Super Hard On to join it next week.

DidiStulle

QuoteAre these for sale to the general pedal building enthusiast community?

+1, they look so dang sexy!!!

kato

If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

skullservant

It's so incredibly loud and dark sounding, its great!

a soBer Newt

Quote from: Mac Walker on February 23, 2012, 03:04:27 PM

Gutshot -  it was a challenge but I got it all to fit. ;D

But seriously, made these boxes for Basic Audio.  Designed in AutoCAD, lasercut at a local shop, bent on a DIY handbrake at the house -

First what is that thing?
I like you method of laser cutting and then bending at home it makes so much sense, that way you don't have to store awkwardly shaped things just flat plates

karter2000

Quote from: kato on February 24, 2012, 07:14:50 AM
Quote from: skullservant on February 24, 2012, 02:59:34 AM

That's badass. I can tell it sounds good just by looking at it  :D

Call me interested!  I love the Bazz Fuss circuit.  Would you be okay with sharing the schematic or values you used?

DocAmplify

I finally completed my first project (actually not complete; it needs to be tweaked a bit, but it works!).  Thanks to everyone here.  I went into this a complete novice.  Tayor's Tiny Giant kit and PDF instructions were great (plus a little extra help), then tips on enclosures, etching, soldering - the works.  This is really a combined effort.  Thanks again. 

I plan on wiring in a 9V out, so I can plug a pedal into the "Victoria / Tiny Giant".  I also have to clean up the power supply.  I got a stereo headphone jack assembly as my junction.  I'm going to switch it to mono for simplicity, and I also have to make sure the shaft is long enough.  The one I have doesn't quite expose itself through the exterior of the enclosure.  I also have to shave the rib on the bottom plate of the exposure.  The heat sinks on the IC's stand slightly above flush.  I have the circuit board seated as low as it will go, but I guess I didn't sink the IC's deep enough into the PC before soldering. 

I made up my own mod too.  If you notice the black plate under the PC, I cut up a plastic store gift card and put a coat of electrical tape over it.  It's there to insulate the underside of my solders from the enclosure. 

greeny23

thats like releasing 3 sheep in a school labeled 1 2 and 4.

deadastronaut

phaze 45.... a guy asked for the weird design so don't ask!.... ::)

the orange leds flash in time with the speed... :icon_cool:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

artifus

Slade

Here's my latest: Echo Logic 2

It has 2 footswitcheable time controls and a 3 position switch for the modulation, so you can have it (up) always on, (middle) always off, or (down) make it footswitcheable with the time select stompswitch, so you can have time 1 with modulation and time 2 without it.

A nice little sample: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3565959/Echo%20Logic%20Deluxe%20Proto%202.mp3

Fernando.

jolly1423

I love that etch! Amazing  :icon_eek: