News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$uperpuma

fingernail polish works pretty well...  (throws self into wampcat's cage)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

choklitlove

another i just built.  pretty small electra distortion w/ true bypass via dragonfly's layout.

http://geocities.com/worthekik/electrabuild.html
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Sody54

Finally attempted to do a decent box job on the Smalley booster.  Found a use for a few of those old model car decals.  Just wish I'd have remembered what duplicolor clear coat did to em.... :-\  I just tell everyone it's supposed to look like that...the flames are so hot they're bubbling the paint! lol  Oh well...

Brian

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 05, 2007, 12:20:06 AM
Well, I haven't bothered to "decorate" it yet...but I built this one today ! I'm gonna do a bunch of these....building on turret board is darn fun !

Just a bit of "Old School" for ya !

AC

Man, how do you get those wires so darn neat? I've been wiring up my modified Rebote 2.5, but I just can't get the wires to run that neat. Any tricks?

cheeb

The guts are nothing to brag about but these were the last two weekends' project.

The Lonesome Highway is just a Danelectro EQ rehouse with the eq stuck with the mids all the way up and the bass and treble all the way down for an old radio sound. With the right amount of overdrive it's perfect.

The Tombstone is just a killswitch for the end of my chain. You can never be too safe in a crazy situation...
They're both etched but the Tombstone was hand painted afterwards.
The camera brought out all the crappy places in it, of course, but you get the drift. It looks a lot darker and cleaner in real life.

Pushtone

ROG English Channel with a not-to-original "looks like an amp" graphic.

Fun to build and its a keeper fersur.
Biased up perfectly, all J201s, sounds great with both H and S pickups.
Powder coated enclosure with laser printed graphic under clear gloss.

At low gain settings it has a raw treble sound. Kinda Vox like I guess but very pleasent anyhow.
I can see this being "somebodies" signature sound.
At hi gain settings it screams right along with the Thunderchief I finished last week.
Two band tone stack is effective. I found the BASS control handy to match the amount of bass with other
distortion pedals in the chain.

I'm not sure what the CUT control on a Vox amp is supposed to do but on the EC it sounds like a
HF cut-off. Max boost on the TREBLE control and max CUT is an interesting sound with a "dry" top end.
I call it Martini tone to coin a tone buzzword.

Thanks ROG for another great project.  :icon_smile:

Thanks ROG for another great project.  :icon_smile:
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Processaurus

very cute! do the jacks still make continuity with the box with the insides painted?

Dragonfly

Quote from: ponq on March 06, 2007, 08:29:19 AM
Man, how do you get those wires so darn neat? I've been wiring up my modified Rebote 2.5, but I just can't get the wires to run that neat. Any tricks?

LOTS of practice :)

I'm working on getting better. I've got a new method that I'm trying out on this next build...I'll post pics ASAP.

Other than that, Dave Barber, and the old HiWatt amps are my inspiration for great looking "clean" builds.

AC

Pushtone

Quote from: Processaurus on March 06, 2007, 09:37:33 PM
very cute! do the jacks still make continuity with the box with the insides painted?

Sometimes yes sometimes no.
Looks like this build had continuity between jacks as there is no link from
one jack ground to the other.

I've been using the output jack sleeve lug as my single ground point.
Perhaps I'll just bridge those jacks for good measure.

Thanks for pointing that out.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Auke Haarsma

Quote from: Pushtone on March 06, 2007, 09:11:33 PM
I'm not sure what the CUT control on a Vox amp is supposed to do but on the EC it sounds like a
HF cut-off.

On the AC series Vox's the Cut control is indeed a high-cut. Increase the control, kill the highs. On my AC30 I don't really use it since it makes the sound very dark with HB.

tonefreak

Nothing fancy, but these were interesting builds for me.

OD in a small box (1290NS):

Octavia w/ body mod using the GGG PCB:

Dragonfly

Nice looking builds Tonefreak !  Very clean !

AC

Fuzzy-Train

^ +1

tonefreak... how do you like the body mod? I've been planning on doing the same thing to mine but I've been putting it off.

Lately though I've really wanted to try it... the GGG octavia can be a bit dirty sometimes.

I also wanted to see if I could use an on/off/on switch to switch between normal, clean, and cleaner but I just don't know how to do that.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do that? Or if it's even possible with that switch?

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=88
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

tonefreak

Quote from: NoNothing on March 07, 2007, 05:32:46 PM
^ +1

tonefreak... how do you like the body mod? I've been planning on doing the same thing to mine but I've been putting it off.

I love a good Octavia!  I've owned the Fulltone Octafuzz, HBE Ultimate Fuzz Octave, and the Fulltone Ultimate Octave.  IMO, this one is as good if not better than the aforementioned.  I like having the ability to go between classic and "body mod".  I really don't like one over the other because they both sound good depending on my mood.

Things really get interesting when you push it through a OD or pair it up with another Fuzz!!  Put a Univibe at the tail and you have instant Hendrix.

tonefreak

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 07, 2007, 05:21:34 PM
Nice looking builds Tonefreak !  Very clean !

AC

Thanks!!  I love your stuff as well!

Gila_Crisis

my last 2 builds:

2 times the same one

xshredx

Nice Fuzz Factory's...

This is mine:

I do have a real zvex one too...

Gila_Crisis

on the first one (the small) i don't know why but i wired the pots backwards, but i find it's cool! so i keep them so  :icon_mrgreen:

KerryF

Erg.... :-X.  Umm dont really know why you would specifically post those two on here.  Probably better to delete those two pictures guys to avoid conflict...

jonathan perez

i agree, OFF WITH THEM!
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...