News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Thanks Rob.  Been saving those gold knobs for a special occasion.  Shame I couldn't drill three holes in a straight line.   :-\  Oh well, there's always "lunch", I suppose...   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

Quote from: bluebunny on November 20, 2012, 10:01:15 AM
 Shame I couldn't drill three holes in a straight line.  

yeah i noticed that...but didn't want to draw attention to it. ;D. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Fender3D

...Shame I couldn't drill three holes in a straight line...

:icon_redface:
sometimes I can't walk three steps in a straight line...

:icon_mrgreen:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

jeffers6356

my newest build, i call it the hulk. it's a madbean lavach, a dod 250, and a tube screamer. selectable with the big knob in the middle.

guts are pretty disgusting, but it works.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

tyzjames

Building up some pedals for this Christmas season.... ;D

pinio

My last fuzz+OD

based on

witch addons :)

The long and boring sample of bass https://www.dropbox.com/s/luot9kxl7kg9c9m/probka1.mpeg

midwayfair

Quote from: tyzjames on November 21, 2012, 03:47:50 AM
Building up some pedals for this Christmas season.... ;D

preeeeettttyyy,
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 20, 2012, 12:17:50 PM
 Shame I couldn't drill three holes in a straight line.  

yeah i noticed that...but didn't want to draw attention to it. ;D. ;)

Thanks Rob.  I don't think anyone else noticed.  Shhh...   :-X
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: Fender3D on November 20, 2012, 01:51:55 PM
...Shame I couldn't drill three holes in a straight line...

:icon_redface:
sometimes I can't walk three steps in a straight line...
:icon_mrgreen:

I can usually manage one step in a straight line, but after that things can get a bit random...   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

davent

Quote from: John Lyons on November 21, 2012, 01:05:06 AM

John love the PCB, you're going to have start putting windows in your enclosures.

Are you sourcing all your knobs surplus or are there some new stock suppliers out there that are low visibility and have remained out of the mainstream?

Always an education to view your work, beautiful!

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: davent on November 21, 2012, 08:32:04 PM
John love the PCB, you're going to have start putting windows in your enclosures.

Are you sourcing all your knobs surplus or are there some new stock suppliers out there that are low visibility and have remained out of the mainstream?

Always an education to view your work, beautiful!

Take care,
dave

100% agreed
love the knobs even more, they look amazing!
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

midwayfair

Couple of Runoff Groove projects, fresh off the clearcoating block.

Azabache:

The board came from Jubal81 on the Madbean board -- he made himself 3, put up two in the emporium, and I snagged one before he decided that he liked it so much he was keeping the other board. Lucky me! This thing sounds out-frigging-standing, easily my favorite of the Runoff Groove amp sims, and I've breadboarded (or built) almost all of them now. There are a couple considerations, though. Although the distortion and EQ characteristics are pretty much spot on even with a single tone knob, the blond and tweed settings don't have the "feel" of the real things. There's no sag or anything (obviously that's not going to happen), but a compressor in front solves that "problem."

However, the Silverface mode is absolutely spot on. It feels and sounds EXACTLY like my friend's '76 Deluxe. It's uncanny. Currently that's my favorite mode.

The final diodes have a HUGE effect on the overall distortion sound. (The preceding diode pairs are much less noticeable.) Here I used OA126 (one of my favorite diodes) in a 2:1 asymmetric arrangement. I really thought the distortion was improved overall with this arrangement, and it cleaned up the sound a little bit (and gives unity volume at the lowest gain settings) due to the higher Fv.

The box is 18K Gold from Pedal Parts Plus.

Supreaux Deux -- in a 1590A WITH the charge pump on board:

I like this a little better than the Honey Bee (which seems the logical thing to compare it to) overall -- which is saying a lot because that's a really excellent sounding pedal. However, the S.D. has a lot more glass and sparkle on the highest settings, which is important to me, and its distortion characteristics don't change when the tone knob is changed. This makes the settings a lot more repeatable and intuitive, which I like. It has less distortion overall (even underbiased), but that's not much of an issue for me since I don't use a lot of distortion. This thing is LOUD too. Tons and tons of output.

That's the Superman shield, obviously. And his underwearouterwear. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware it's spelled wrong. English major, not French. See, for reference, my Capucino [sic] Fuzz.

Here's the layout if anyone wants it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9878279/Jon%20Patton%27s%20layouts/Supreaux%20Deux%201590A.pdf
Sorry for the kind of boring graphics; amp sims just weren't bringing up any cute images for me, and I like to stick with the original Runoff Groove names out of respect for their requests on their site, in case I ever have to sell them for some reason.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

glops

Some new goodies:
Flatline Squeezer, orange squeezer and Flatline compressor in one box

Multiplex Delay

Dizzytone

snarblinge

Stunning as always Glops
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Mustachio

Love em glops! I gotta start etching cases! I love the look.

Here's a few pics I didn't post with my turkey day entry

gotta say I do like these new Bearboxes!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

bluebunny

That looks great, Jim.  Agree about the Bearbox.  Is yours the first completed Bearbox project we've seen?
  • SUPPORTER

Mustachio

You know I'm not totally sure. But I dont think I've seen anyone else's build with that box yet.

When Steve posted they where finally on sale I think I bought 2 within 5 minutes of him posting!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

pickdropper

Quote from: Mustachio on November 23, 2012, 07:08:34 AM
Love em glops! I gotta start etching cases! I love the look.

Here's a few pics I didn't post with my turkey day entry

gotta say I do like these new Bearboxes!

That's a very nice looking build.  The graphics really suit that box, IMHO.

glops

Thank guys!  I really like the superfuzz style enclosures (dizzytone). They aren't perfect, as in they aren't perfectly sealed but they are solid as a tank and heavy.  And I like the slant in the enclosure. Just feels so good to step on.