News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

Quote from: Tone Tested Designs on December 06, 2012, 10:57:42 PM
QuoteCool, did you have to retap the screws?

Yes There Was Just Enough Meat Left To Retap For The Screws

Aren't they self tapping?  meaning as long as you saw it before you put in the screws they will tap the new holes just fine.
Great idea btw. opens up the whole standard hammond case issue.

Btw. Why Do You Start Each Word With A Captial Letter?

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: ~arph on December 07, 2012, 03:34:06 AM
Btw. Why Do You Start Each Word With A Captial Letter?

I'm glad I'm not the only rain man that noticed that.  It's a secret message from satan :icon_twisted: :icon_lol:

I'm definitely going to do this to an hammond enclosure. That looks great. I did it to a metal radioshack box, but it was a huge pain in the a$$.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

~arph

Yes, I now have a use for those extra deep hammond boxes.. slanted!

deadastronaut

@Tonetested:  Great Idea And Execution... 8)

i'd really screw that up if i tried that too.. :)

+1 on CAPITALS ???
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

I would kinda like to see the bottom screws and how they look  :icon_eek:

Seeing as cutting the box like that DEFINITELY changed the angle at which the screws go in, I am wondering how you were able to still tap the existing screw holes  ???
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

~arph

I think they go in as normal, you might need to widen te holes in the lid a bit. and the result will be that the screw heads wont be flush with the lid, but that should be alright if you use rubber feet.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: ~arph on December 07, 2012, 08:01:10 AM
I think they go in as normal, you might need to widen te holes in the lid a bit. and the result will be that the screw heads wont be flush with the lid, but that should be alright if you use rubber feet.

Agreed  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Mustachio

Buncha great looking pedals! I thought about cutting a Hammond into a wedge like that before too just never attempted it. Looks great! Did you clean up the cut with a bench grinder or maybe a flat file?
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

~arph

Now I think of it...The bottom lid should be too small to actually cover the new bottom.. Good old pythagoras.
Show Us The Bottom Of Your Hacksaw Job!  ;D

garcho

Quote from: ~arph on December 07, 2012, 10:02:56 AMThe bottom lid should be too small to actually cover the new bottom.

+1

Perfect way to dare a build-thread into existence!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Arcane Analog

A few of my etches from this year...

Arcane Analog

...and a few more...

garcho

WOW! I love the '...and a few more...' post you just did, those 125Bs or whatever they are look really fantastic. inspiring!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

SmoothAction

Hey dudes. Shoegazer vero.

Lessons learned:
1. I really like the layout I did for the pedal.
2. I dont like that I had to mount the black starve knob there (customer wanted no image obstruction), but to my dismay it held up fine to gig style stomps and I didn't bump the knob placement.
3. Waterslide decals are now only going on white or bare enclosures.

Super fun build, super hilarious/disturbing image. This is going to my eccentric buddy, he'll be pleased.

And an experimental board treatment with a waterslide...

"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

SmoothAction

Oops. Forgot the underskirt.

"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

Tone Tested Designs

Ok here are some pics of the inside of the wedge cut. I kinda @#$%ed up with the redrilling of the holes so i improvised a solution by taking the excess cut off of the pedal and jb welded it in at the right angle for the screws. The bottom plate ended up being to wide so i had to file and sand to fit, and the inside walls were to narrow so i had to grind a groove for the bottom plate lip to fit. As for the other side i had to oblong the counter sink holes for the screw heads to sit flush. The whole thing was a pain but well worth it to me. As For The Capitals, I Had A Strict Typing Teacher Back In High School And It Became Habit.

pickdropper

Arcane Analog, great looking builds.  Really digging those.

I used the same Gallifreyan symbol on my Sonic Screwdriver build. 

kaycee

^ Clever stuff with the wedge, might just start a fashion with that idea!

This one is an EA trem using IVIark's vero mounted inside a volume pedal. Depth and volume on the side, speed by the footplate. It sort of ramps as you change speed which is fun. Rate LED at front left so you can see it past your foot, the one on the front is bypass indicator.

The toggle on the side is the half speed mod (switches in a 51K resistor in parallel with the 1k).

davent

Quote from: Tone Tested Designs on December 07, 2012, 01:06:38 PM

Terrific job on the enclosure hack, i can see lot more of these showing up.

On the south end (shown), rather then grooving the enclosure, would grinding down the flange on the back plate have allowed a fit as nice as what you acheived?

Take care,
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Tone Tested Designs

QuoteOn the south end (shown), rather then grooving the enclosure, would grinding down the flange on the back plate have allowed a fit as nice as what you acheived?

yes that would have been the easy way, and if i hadn't messed up the screw holes i could have used the existing screw posts with no problems.

had no idea i could start a trend with this hacksaw fuzztone