News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

cloudscapes, kudos on that precision on your artwork. all the knobs, switches, etc. line up great with the outlines you made around them. nice work!

Sody54

Here's a shot of my newly completed pedalboard with my newest toys (OK, there's a couple old toys in there as well.)

Left to right they're an as-of-yet unmodified EHX Holy Grail (this will be getting the mod that's in "ANY Machines" gallery), modded BD-2 (changed out the tone cap and swapped 1n4001 in for one of the clipping diodes), Crooked Fuzz (This was supposed to be an Orange Squeezer compressor, but something went drastically wrong and I wound up with a KILLER fuzz pedal instead.  No idea what I did wrong, but I don't care!  It's staying the way it is!), Then is my Gus Smalley NPN Booster with switchable tranny's, and finally is a simple passive A/B box I made to use as a tuner mute.  Oh and up above is my "vintage" Sabine ST-1500 tuner.  Wish they still made it... :(

The pedalboard itself is all 3/4" pine boards with 1 duplex outlet.  I wasn't going to put one on at all as I use batteries all the time, but the Grail only takes A/C.  I adapted a computer power supply socket for the power input to the outlet.  Worked out pretty slick.

tonefreak

These graphics are really impressive!  Seeing such great work really makes me rethink my whole approach to applying graphics to my pedals.

cloudscapes

Quote from: Tuemmueh on March 11, 2007, 07:27:15 PM
Have you got the wiring layout for your feedback looper?

btw ... looks just great, love that style!

Well, it's a fairly simple one. I just have the 3PDT that switches between true bypass (maybe I shoulda used shielded cables), or sends the 3PDT lug (switched from the input) to the effect output jack, and the 3PDT lug (switched towards output) to the return jack. The feedback loop occurs when either the toggle switch or the DPDT are switched on (they're wired in paralell) and connects the send with the return with a 500k pot in the middle. The extra lugs on both stomps and the toggle switch the leds on and off. I paid extra attention for the battery/led wires to not go near any sort of signal wire (which hugged the metal enclosure as much as possible to eliminate signal noise). I could draw a quick picture if needed.

Quote from: darron on March 11, 2007, 08:08:09 PM
that is some pretty cool artwork! the seem on the top is very neat, and the blobs around external components (can we call these peripherals?) looks cool (:

thank you! the seam is neat because of the ton of layers of clearcoat that basically fuse the graphic with the metal. slide your finger betwee nthe two and you won't feel a groove

Quote from: Barcode80 on March 12, 2007, 04:52:48 PM
cloudscapes, kudos on that precision on your artwork. all the knobs, switches, etc. line up great with the outlines you made around them. nice work!

I cheated. ;) I first drilled the holes (after markign and measuring) then took a photo of the enclosure. I aligned it perfectly square and got rid the the perspective in photoshop, then I had a perfect template for the holes and size of the case!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Processaurus

Quote from: cloudscapes on March 12, 2007, 08:16:51 PM
I cheated. ;) I first drilled the holes (after markign and measuring) then took a photo of the enclosure. I aligned it perfectly square and got rid the the perspective in photoshop, then I had a perfect template for the holes and size of the case!

Great pixel artwork!  Love the amoeba look too.  If you have access to a scanner, you could drill the box, and then scan the top of it, it should preserve the scale from scanner to photoshop to printer.

Tuemmueh

I could draw a quick picture if needed.

Would be great!

sonic tooth

here are some of my home-made stompboxes (collage pic!)
lo-fire: escobedo's lofo-mofo
haze fuzz: dallas arbiter fuzz face
soaked distortion: ibanez SD9 sonic dist
tube mourner: ibanez TS-808 tube screamer odpro
soloist: solo-pro/a-b switch
bypass for my digital processor
sabbanadica!

kfant

^ A close up of those would be nice  :)

dachshund

Quote from: Barcode80 on March 12, 2007, 04:52:48 PM

Brilliant!  I hadn't thought of that. This is such a great thread... I've learned so much here from all of you.

stumper1

Just another Screamer type clone.....

Deric®

Barcode80

stumper, just amazing!

choklitlove

yeah, that's very pretty.  what is the finish?
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

JimRayden

Quote from: choklitlove on March 15, 2007, 04:00:37 PM
yeah, that's very pretty.  what is the finish?

I'm wondering that too.

Looks like "basicaudio feat. 1590B"

---------
Jimbo

Barcode80

i'm guessing wood laminate? like the kind on the outside of pressboard furniture?

darron

i hope that that TS doesn't sound too GRAINY..

ohh I should be shot for that one.....
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

stumper1

Quote from: darron on March 15, 2007, 06:12:05 PM
i hope that that TS doesn't sound too GRAINY..

:o Good point!

The finish is painted on a 1590b and clear coated.  The faux "binding" was painted by hand after the clear coat.
Deric®

cheeb

Gorgeous! What kind of paint?

That finish makes me leak.

choklitlove

it had to be buffered or something for that shine.  tell us now! ;D
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

sonic tooth

sorry for my previous pic
sabbanadica!