News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

Five Nights at Freddy's is a computer game.  It's only $5 at steam.
I haven't played it, but it's rated very highly.

temol

Gain.. and more gain..
my version of Tight Metal.

T.

creepingnet

Quote from: stringsthings on September 25, 2017, 11:47:52 AM
Five Nights at Freddy's is a computer game.  It's only $5 at steam.
I haven't played it, but it's rated very highly.

Wish I'd said that when I'd mentioend the reason for the graphics, LOL. 

Yes, I've played the game, got a bit deep into it from a gameplay/business standpoint for a time.  It's basically a game series based around a Chuck E. Cheese ripoff where you sit in a room all night and fend off what amount to creepy animatronics all evening.  Kind of addicting like an old Atari game.  That was also the whole reason teh video I posted had that obnoxious long introduction - I was parodying the "phone guy" from the game at the beginning, lol.

I tend to name my pedals (unless I'm to commercially produce them or make them for sale, meaning, a production version would have a different name and far more original artwork) after a video game series when in development, or some other thing I like.  I also have a "Super Fuzzi-O" device ( a play on Super Mario Bros. and The Cars Candy-O album) that I created on accident when breadboarding this one.

Probably going to be awhile between this pedal and the next, I'm playing with VCO, Schmidt Triggers, JFETs and other stuff currently.  Sort of looking to build something Chiptune-ish.  Like this, will probably have it sitting on a breadboard for months while I move things around/blow a few things up and learn.  Did some playing with an NTE40106 last Thursday and was able to eek out a square wave signal from a guitar on it (but with the awful oscillator drone in the back of course) and make some alterations using the other oscillators and even a transistor at one point (!!).  Going to pick up a NTE4046 today to play around with as well.

My biggest motivation with pedals is to just learn how to roll my own stuff and get my own sound.  Plugged that FazzFuzz in at rehearsal last week and was VERY pleased with how it sounded.  The intermittant feature has also been very handy, and it mixes with my amp's tube overdrive extremely well.

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: temol on September 25, 2017, 04:22:29 PM
Gain.. and more gain..
my version of Tight Metal.

T.

Nice! It looks like my pedal's style. :D
What board did you use? I guess I found a verified veroboard layout, but it is almost unknown, I found it by accident.

Here's the link: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/AmpTweaker-Tight-Metal-td9212.html
It needs just the double voltage board with ICL7660S or similar.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

temol

What board did you use?

The one from effectslayouts.

T.

287m

Temol on fire!!!! 2 build this week?
Nice build man. This and 5150, what your favorite?

temol

2 build this week?
and another one is under construction... :)

Nice build man. This and 5150, what your favorite?

Not sure yet... :)

T.

Ben Lyman

My latest, a PT2399 delay with momentary oscillator and LDR rate control

Here's a dirty phone vid along with my "Micro Muff"
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

thermionix

Wait at least one hour between eating and hitting that mod button!

mnemosyne

My first full pedal build, clone of the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp.  Thanks Digi2t and Slacker for the veroboard layouts and for answering my questions!

digi2t

Sweet! I have two of them on my pedalboard. Great as a buffer, tone shaper, or a drive. Like a swiss army knife.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Chillums

Just finished the tonepad Small Stone and man.... What a pedal.   You need to build this one!!!   I'll post pics of it all boxed up when I get my enclosures in the mail.   Now to get my ce-2 clone working.   Think I'm having problems with fake chips....

duck_arse

Quote from: mnemosyne on September 28, 2017, 04:52:55 PM
My first full pedal build, clone of the TC Electronic Integrated Preamp.  Thanks Digi2t and Slacker for the veroboard layouts and for answering my questions!

collet knobs? with skirts?? always an extra touch of class to a pedal panel. nice one. [and welcome to the forum.]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

thermionix

Quote from: Chillums on September 29, 2017, 08:04:41 AM
Just finished the tonepad Small Stone and man.... What a pedal.   You need to build this one!!!

I had one of the green Russian ones in the 90s.  I don't know what the Stones used (you might say over-used) on Some Girls, but that's what it sounded like.  Honestly I got more use out of the wooden box it came in, used to pack my toiletries in there for deployments.  Literally took that box around the world.  I guess you could say I'm not much of a phaser guy, though I am considering a P-90 build for some reason.

temol

italianguy63

Just because I have not posted any pictures in a long time...

A simple DA Fuzz Face w/charge pump voltage inverter.  PNP Germanium, AC128's.

Made from loose parts... still using up stuff that I got from Mike (HaveYouSeenHim) in Alabama.

Interesting because it is all big honker mojo parts on homemade eyelet (turret) PCB.  Enjoy!

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Lars F

Fuzz based on Catalinbread Katzenkonig. Pcb's from Rullywow. Sounds wonderful. Very Noisy.

Regards,

Lars

italianguy63

Gut shot of my Tychobrahe Octavia ("La Tunda") octave fuzz....

catching up on things here!

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

mnemosyne

Quote from: duck_arse on September 29, 2017, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: mnemosyne on September 28, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

collet knobs? with skirts?? always an extra touch of class to a pedal panel. nice one. [and welcome to the forum.]

Thanks!

And the knobs are from a brand called Ritel.  I was looking for similar knobs to the real thing, and I found out Ritel made the knobs for the originals. They even still make the same style however that size only fits on 4mm shaft pots. This larger size is the smallest one that fits on 6mm shafts, model G15 if I recall correctly. Kind of a cool setup since you can choose different style caps or skirts to go with the main knob bit.

I bought them from tme.eu as they were the only supplier I could find that had an English option on their website.  I probably paid more than I should have for a set of knobs. There's a bunch of similar style knobs on eBay very cheap from China, but they're all grey so I assume they're meant to be painted.