News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temol

Once again GT(f)O distortion but this time with Marshall tone stack and board mounted potentiometers. Waiting for the 1590XX enclosure.

T.

ElectricDruid

Those are a work of art, Temol. Really lovely stuff. Thanks.

Tom

Marcos - Munky

That's amazing, Temol! Could you share the layout?

rankot

I'm trying to fit GTFO into 1590B, but I am still not completely satisfied with my layout.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Thank you guys for your kind words :)

rankot - B or BB? If you manage to fit this layout into 1590B, then you are master of the universe :)
Marcos - Munky - sure. Give me some time to make a few corrections to the layout (raster of the components mainly).

T.

rankot

BB of course, I missed one B when typing. But "master of the universe" title sounds so cool  8)

This is how I want to make it, but I must check again height and tube dimensions, it is VERY tight!

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

thermionix

BBM is a bit taller, same footprint, if that helps any.

vigilante397

Quote from: temol on April 04, 2018, 01:51:00 PM
If you manage to fit this layout into 1590B, then you are master of the universe :)

Does it still count if I use 6N17B tubes? :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

temol

Does it still count if I use 6N17B tubes? :P

Nope... full size only 8)

T.

vigilante397

Quote from: temol on April 05, 2018, 12:56:08 PM
Nope... full size only 8)

Fair enough. There go my master of the universe ambitions ::)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

temol

ok.. last picture of the .. seven seven seven as it turns out
It's finished. Now, there is everything that pedal needs.. a box, few knobs, a name.

T.

ElectricDruid

Does it really draw 1.5A, Temol? I don't have much experience with stuff like that, so to me that seems like enough current to run several entire pedalboards...

Tom

thermionix

Assuming two 12AX7s, heaters draw 300mA @ 12V.  Kinda doubt the rest adds up to anything near 1.2A, but at least won't burn out any PS rated for 1.5A.

rankot

Boost DC supply can draw A LOT. I have never measured it on actual device (too lazy for that), but if we use at least 1.5A (or even more) rated inductors for such a supply, then it is really obvious that a supply which supplies that boost must be capable of delivering at least that.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

I got carried away with this 1.5A probably :).  Circuit draws somewhere between 500 - 700 mA.

T.

EBK

Quote from: temol on April 07, 2018, 04:06:15 AM
I got carried away with this 1.5A probably :)
We'll call it marketing mojo.  :icon_wink:
The combination of that current rating label and the backlit colander work together to make this pedal look pretty powerful. I dig it.   :icon_smile:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

temol

Quote from: EBK on April 07, 2018, 08:28:53 AM
We'll call it marketing mojo.  :icon_wink:

That's what I thought a while ago :)

T.

rankot

So, tube pedals are on the row, an this is my latest one - based on TCA's schematics, but I wanted to use it for bass too, so I added a switchable tone stack. Original schematics can be found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=111622.msg1027756#msg1027756

And now, some pictures - ready for assembling:

Final:

I named it after Tiago and myself, I hope properly: Thiagosaurus Ranx :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

Not a tube pedal :-/ I posted about this in the SMD thread, but figured I would throw it here as well. Variable 4/8/16 ohm (impedance shown on LED display) 100W dummy load with speaker pass-through, cabsim, and headphone amplifier. The first picture is before the jacks were attached, and the guts were before the power resistors were attached (I should really take more pictures :P)

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

temol

Jfet preamp JCM800.

T.