News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: Galego on September 11, 2018, 01:18:49 PM
Why are you using those tiny SOT-23 to TO-92 adapters? Why not just incorporate the SOT-23 in the main PCB?

He did say is was a Black Hole by Coda Effects so it might be their board and not one he created.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

temol

The board layout is mine, schematic comes from Black Hole build doc.

There is no particular reason why I use sot23 daughter boards. It's a habit, I guess..
But, sometimes there are no trimmers for biasing transistors, there are only resistors, so I put resistor as per schematic and I swap transistors untill I find the right one. And because I make single sided boards at home, it's easier to juggle transistors from the components side, not the underside of the board (where are the potentiometers located and so transistor might end up located under the potentiometer).

T.

patrick398

Quote from: temol on September 10, 2018, 05:26:19 AM

StarOver (by TrueVAL). Patina on a faceplate, "old gold" Hammerite hamered paint (which is still soft after couple of days...)

T.

Beautiful builds man! I recently tried working with hammer finishes, got some dirt cheap stuff off the bay which was actually surprisingly good. I definitely applied it too heavy though and didn't wait long enough between coats. A week in a hot cupboard with a fan blowing on it and it still didn't cure. Lesson learned.

temol

Thanks. :)

Hammerite is well known brand, praised by many but after month or so the green one (TWE) hasn't fully cured (the lid sticks to the box). I have a cheap  hammered spray paint and it's rock hard after two days.

T.

duck_arse

I very much like the look of the blue spotty one. I very much dread that I have a can of blue hammertone in the shed and a pedal waiting for paint here.
don't make me draw another line.

GiovannyS10

Hello folks!
I've sent something here long time ago, but now i am back. This is my last project for a customer:

And this is my last project to me. Obviously artwork based in Nolan's Interstellar movie. I love that movie.

I had forget how pleasant can be do a pedal to myself. I am anxious to renew my pedalboard and make plenty others.
Hope you enjoy it.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

very nice, Gio. are you called Allecto now?
don't make me draw another line.

Joncaster

Love the Interstellar reference!
Music is Eternity: stretched like the sky over the landscape of our lives.

"It's better to be looking at it, than looking for it."

My Band:
http://www.coldwatermorning.bandcamp.com

GiovannyS10

Quote from: duck_arse on September 15, 2018, 10:53:46 AM
very nice, Gio. are you called Allecto now?
Thank you Mr. Arse. Yes, i call my pedals as Allecto now. No one can pronounce "gijofx" in Brazil, Lol!

QuoteLove the Interstellar reference!

Thank you, notice that the endurance image is referred to the Dr. Mann's scene, and also the "stay" in morse code.

-----------------------------------------------

And it's what we have for today:

1A power supply. I used a re-purposed enclosure, i filled the holes with JB Weld.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

lrgaraujo

Quote from: temol on September 10, 2018, 05:26:19 AM
StarOver (by TrueVAL). Patina on a faceplate, "old gold" Hammerite hamered paint (which is still soft after couple of days...)

T.

Nice work, as usual, Temol!

I've seen on the other forum (the russian one) that you've verified TrueVal's JTM45. If I were to build only one (as a preamp), would you suggest the StarOver or the JTM45?

Thanks

temol

Hi lrgaraujo

Tough question.. I have to play them both, then we can talk :) But I have to box the JTM first.

T.

lrgaraujo

Quote from: temol on September 18, 2018, 09:25:29 AM
Hi lrgaraujo

Tough question.. I have to play them both, then we can talk :) But I have to box the JTM first.

T.

Who am I kidding, I'll end up building both  :icon_lol:

patrick398

Finally got round to gutting that old signal generator i bought last year. It's now home to a FET bassman preamp, hyperlight ringmod/delay and Stompflo for modulation madness.
It was such a treat having so much room to work in

rankot

Quote from: lrgaraujo on September 17, 2018, 09:30:54 AM
I've seen on the other forum (the russian one) that you've verified TrueVal's JTM45. If I were to build only one (as a preamp), would you suggest the StarOver or the JTM45?
Thanks

Care to share schematics for both (or links, never mind)?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Sure :)

JTM45 schematic. It's pre and power amp simulation.
StarOver schematic.

T.

bluebunny

It's been a long while.  Not exactly had much "Goldilocks" weather this year, so I've built up a bit of a painting backlog.  But we've had a few days that weren't scorchio or knee-deep in rain, so here's this for starters:

It's one of Rob's (but I'm sure you all knew that), and it's only taken four years from board to box!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Fender3D

nice yellow, Blue...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

deadastronaut

4 effing years?...you lazy sod :icon_mrgreen:

cool... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Marcos - Munky

4 years? I got some parts for a preamp about 10 years ago and didn't made the board yet! At least I made the layout for it :icon_lol:

italianguy63

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 19, 2018, 04:19:12 PM
4 effing years?...you lazy sod :icon_mrgreen:

cool... 8)

No kidding.. the PCB's I got from you were red phenolic...  LOL

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad