News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

I'll be the first to say it, so that everyone else doesn't have to.  That's, ahem, "wheely cool".   :icon_rolleyes:

(Well, at least it's not "wheely rubbish"!  ;D)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Telvis

Idiot Wah optical

garcho

^ love it! bravo
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

nchauhan890

Quote from: Telvis on July 12, 2019, 05:44:33 AM
Idiot Wah optical

Any shots of the inside, Telvis? I'm just about to make a wah myself (a mechanical rack/pinion one, mind).

EBK

Of course I have to ask: is that chia?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

duck_arse

Quote from: EBK on July 13, 2019, 07:54:00 AM
Of course I have to ask: is that chia?

I was going to ask 'what wood is that?', but held my tongue finger.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

patrick398

A 1590XX Phaser and Reverb with order switcher for a friend. He wanted it to be gold and be called Refraction Man. I thought it made sense to get C3PO involved. Laser engraved gold spray paint. I don't like using spray paint but it was the easiest/cheapest way to get a semi-decent gold finish.
If nothing else i'm thankful for the opportunity to get rid of those hideous gold knobs i bought ages ago for some unknown reason.

duck_arse

Quote from: patrick398 on July 13, 2019, 12:16:40 PM

A 1590XX Phaser and Reverb with order switcher for a friend. He wanted it to be gold and be called Refraction Man. I thought it made sense to get C3PO involved. Laser engraved gold spray paint. I don't like using spray paint but it was the easiest/cheapest way to get a semi-decent gold finish.
If nothing else i'm thankful for the opportunity to get rid of those hideous gold knobs i bought ages ago for some unknown reason.

I thort it was a cyberman on the front, but hey-ho. gold knobs and orange leds - vrrr nice! [cyberman would kick c3po's arse soooo hard .....]

patrick398

Quote from: duck_arse on July 14, 2019, 09:56:13 AM
[cyberman would kick c3po's arse soooo hard .....]

You just wait til R2D2 turns up...

vigilante397

I bought this board forever ago and finally got it all put together and running. Into the Unknown from Parasit Studio (freppo around here).

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

mikeford

MusicPCB MeatSphere!

roseblood11

Twin Drive with Boss OD-1 and Vox 1901 Distortion with the "Two FX toggle flex" bypass described here:
https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/two-fx-toggle-flex-relay-switching.499/

ElectricDruid

This is my latest. Typically, it's been a while in gestation. There was a thread I started back in September about this, but that means it's taken me less than a year, so I must be speeding up!

I built two (built two *more* - my bench is littered with early prototypes of this thing) because I wanted to experiment with a different set of component values I'd calculated.  The two tone controls are "Tilt" which is a more bass/less treble, less bass/more treble control on one knob, and a "Mids" mid boost/cut control. Unusually for a distortion, you can get a genuinely flat response by putting both controls at 12 o'clock.
Both controls are centred on the same frequency (though they wouldn't have to be) and for one unit I used 800Hz and for the other 640Hz to see if it made any difference. It's about 3 semitones, or about 25%. Just about audible, I'd say, but far from obvious.

The pedal is a hard distortion with lots of gain and compression. So much in fact that I should have used a jack plug that can be normalled to ground when nothing is plugged in, because it starts to howl if you leave the input open. Plus I didn't use shielded cable for the input or output wires, so I get what's coming to me, I guess. I'll put some sound samples up somewhere soon too.

These two are done with the Rev.2 board, which still had an error in the Tilt control circuit on it, hence the heatshrink and blue wire fixes on the guts shot. I've done a fixed Rev.3 board now too.

The boxes are Hammond's ready-painted standard colours. I haven't used these before, and they're pretty expensive, but the finish is good and it saves me one of the steps I don't like. Mammoth Electronics have a much nicer range of colours, but I always get stung by customs charges ordering from them, so it really isn't feasible. I should order some painted boxes from Banzai or Das Musikding or somewhere here in Europe. Graphics are my standard black-only laser printed waterslide decal.

What do you think? I still can't decide whether I like the orange+black "in your face" one or the red+cream "retro" one best. They both have their charm, I reckon.

Josh?

Quote from: ElectricDruid on July 31, 2019, 02:38:56 PM
What do you think? I still can't decide whether I like the orange+black "in your face" one or the red+cream "retro" one best. They both have their charm, I reckon.

Those look awesome! I really like the orange one, personally.

bluebunny

+2

I like them both.  The orange is more striking, but then again I have a little something for simple black-on-red pedals myself...   ;)

• SUPPORTER

ElectricDruid

Quote from: bluebunny on July 31, 2019, 04:18:00 PM
The orange is more striking, but then again I have a little something for simple black-on-red pedals myself...   ;)

I say! You do rather, don't you?! ;)

EBK

Try the cream knobs on the orange box, perhaps.  I like both, but the black knobs on the orange seem ever so slightly "off" to my brain in some intangible way. Still, I will always be in awe of anyone who finishes multiple pedals in a year.  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

duck_arse

orange. and nice knobs. +1 the multi-build year-awe.

I look your gut shot, and think your finished innards are neater than one my empty boxes.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on August 01, 2019, 10:13:29 AM
I look your gut shot, and think your finished innards are neater than one my empty boxes.

Yeah, this - definitely.  I'm a big fan of Tom's board design.  Nice and airy and comfortable.   8)
  • SUPPORTER

mth5044

Hey Tom, what are the ding-dads with the heat shrink tubing around them connecting to the two white box caps?