News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

Quote from: mth5044 on August 01, 2019, 10:56:02 AM
Hey Tom, what are the ding-dads with the heat shrink tubing around them connecting to the two white box caps?

They're resistors that had one leg pulled out of the board and a bit of blue wire added to connect them to where they're supposed to go. The heatshrink was just to stop them shorting on the board. I made a mistake in the Tilt circuit on the Rev.2 board, but it's pretty simple to fix.

DiscoVlad

Finally made a Superfuzz I'm happy with :icon_mrgreen:

I couldn't find a way to fit it nicely into a 1590N on standoffs, but mounting the board to the switch and using picoblade connectors for the controls/jacks made everything go together perfectly.
Elecrow having a 10 boards for a dollar deal going was a good incentive to get this done too. :)

Strategy

I've been DIYing but away from the internet a bit. Been missing the diysb forum in my life. Builds top to bottom: Uglyface (2nd one - first one went to bandmate), Octup!, Surfybear DIY spring reverb in reclaimed ethernet router enclosure, and deadendfx "Comfy Plum"

-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

EBK

Love the use of Mr. Yuk!  Haven't seen one of those stickers in ages.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

mikeford

Madbean Harbinger Two inside a reused vox wah

BluffChill

Made a 3v germanium fuzz based on the design of the Selmer Buzz Tone, with exposed AA batteries for easy changing, and worked that feature into a gimmick/USP...the BattBox :)

pic share
Kits & Pedals! EctoVerb - HyperLight - Shagpile - http://bluffchilldevices.bigcartel.com/

duck_arse

Quote from: BluffChill on September 02, 2019, 03:37:28 PM
Made a 3v germanium fuzz based on the design of the Selmer Buzz Tone, with exposed AA batteries for easy changing, and worked that feature into a gimmick/USP...the BattBox :)

pic share

I think you're bluffing - 2 x NiMH batteries - how you getting 3V?

ahhh, batt box, I get it.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

antonis

Can't recall the time passed for those poor pedals..

waiting for their adornment..

but.. Alas! Almost no hope left..!!!
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

steveyraff

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

Neat Steve!  Waterslide?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

steveyraff

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 04, 2019, 08:47:45 AM
Neat Steve!  Waterslide?

MC

Thanks all, kind words. Yes, waterslides as always. You are correct, sir.

Thank you.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

ElectricDruid

antonis

So Steve, do you let us guess for the horizontal knob on Delay..??
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

bluebunny

Quote from: antonis on September 05, 2019, 07:28:23 AM

It's the colour saturation for the graphics on the front.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

steveyraff

Quote from: antonis on September 05, 2019, 07:28:23 AM

Oh yea lol that's what happens when you drill the case, and then afterwards remember that you can also add a tone control to the circuit for the repeats  ::) :icon_lol: woopsies...

I like the saturation idea better though.

Also, incase anyone thinks my definition of analogue is incorrect; inside each pedal there is actually a little gerbil frantically running on a spring mounted treadmill as you play, causing the desired effect.  :)
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

antonis

Quote from: bluebunny on September 05, 2019, 08:13:04 AM
It's the colour saturation for the graphics on the front.   ;)

Brilliant idea for another pedal project made from junk Vol/Exprs/Wah pedal shell..!!!  :icon_lol:

D_Ex_Patria

Finally built something I felt was worth sharing: a Meathead-based fuzz in a custom enclosure inspired by the Verellen Big Spider.

Some fun stuff:

The guts are 2n3904 and 2n5088, plus custom cap selectors to set the input and output frequency attenuation.

All the resistors and boards are soviet-bloc Tesla's that my father had in his old workshop. So... mojo?

The guts are point to point on Tesla tagboard and too ugly to post  :P

Since the resistors are Czech manufacture, all the labeling is in Czech. More mojo?

The steel part of the enclosure is a custom part, and my first bending work. Much was learned in the machine shop.

The labelling was done with what I think is a unique method: I did an acetone toner transfer, and then used Birchwood Casey Super Blue to turn all the exposed metal black. A little fuzzy in parts, but otherwise very satisfying. There's a satin clear-coat sprayed on top of that to keep the remaining metal free of rust.

The wood is finished with stain and some Birchwood Casey Gun Stock Oil.

duck_arse

Quote from: D_Ex_Patria on September 10, 2019, 10:04:32 AM

wow. no-one izz gonna argue wiv that!

Quote from: D_Ex_Patria on September 10, 2019, 10:04:32 AM

All the resistors and boards are soviet-bloc Tesla's that my father had in his old workshop. So... mojo?

The guts are point to point on Tesla tagboard and too ugly to post  :P

no. stop teasing us and show us the guts.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.