News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

ranko: ^ cool , looks great man.....

i use the onboard toggles to hold the pcb in place.... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rankot

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 12, 2020, 08:12:42 AM
ranko: ^ cool , looks great man.....

i use the onboard toggles to hold the pcb in place.... ;)

Yes, I know, but I designed a sticker using my usual placement for 3PDT, then drilled it, and after that saw that your PCB is a little bit bigger then EXPECTED  ;D

So the only solution to fit this into already drilled enclosure was to remove switches from PCB and flip it. It also means that I had to make longer wires inside, but at the end, I successfully put everything inside. Glued a peace of foam onto the lid, so it keeps PCB in place.

Also, you may notice that sticker is damaged around LFO swtich - it happened that switch thread was bad and nut stuck "in the middle", so it couldn't be tightened, nor it could be unscrewed. So I had to use pliers to remove it and damaged the sticker in the process.  :icon_frown:
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on April 11, 2020, 01:15:59 PM
Number two this weekend is the "Enpsophibe 2.1" by the inimitable duckpops!

Judging by the spaghetti, there is no shortage of pasta in the bunny household...  :icon_rolleyes:

an honour, sir. you kept that quiet.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on April 12, 2020, 09:55:12 AM
an honour, sir. you kept that quiet.

Other than the outrageous amount of wiring, the pleasure was all mine.  Can't resist a bit of modulation...   8)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

willienillie

What do it do?  A forum search brought no hits.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Aaaaand finally, here's the third instalment from the Easter bunny: Rob's "Abductor II" delay.

• SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

^cool...love those pot wire clips , good idea, nice touch... 8)

what are they called?...i gotta get me some of those.

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

slashandburn

I'm with deadastronaut here. Whenever I see these on motherboard fans and the like I think we're really a trick here.

You guys taught me to socket trannies and ICs. Why don't we just socket almost all the offboard stuff?

rousejeremy

I bought some crackle medium to experiment with. I had to do the top 4 times to get it to look like this. Should have paid attention in art class I guess.
The pedal is a dumbed down Experience. Lots of people can't figure out how to get the Experience to do the swell thing, so I added trimmers to the gain and volume of the Foxx section and only made the volume of the Swell and Tone of the Foxx available. The tone control acts like a swell speed adjustment. Here are some pics and a couple vids of the circuit. It sounds like you'd expect.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 13, 2020, 02:43:15 PM
^cool...love those pot wire clips , good idea, nice touch... 8)

Yeah, after the other DA build further up, I wasn't going to hand-solder nine pots!  ;)  I found these on eBay (natch).  I think they're intended for RC DIY.  Lemme rummage...

<rummaging...>

Here's a three-way set, and here's a two-way.  For a few bob each, it's worth not losing two hours of my life doing tedious wiring.  Keywords to look out for are "mini micro JST 2.54mm", and add "2 pin" or "3 pin".   8)
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

I've been using those 2 pin ones for DC jack wiring, so much easier to whip the pcb in and out if you need to fix something.
These posts have just reminded me i need to go through about 9 PCB designs and change the pads to take these sockets...thanks not thanks  :icon_lol:

garcho

Quote^cool...love those pot wire clips , good idea, nice touch... 8)

Molex connectors. Might be a bit like calling facial tissues Kleenex but it works for me. Never really heard anyone call them "pin and socket connectors".

QuoteWhy don't we just socket almost all the offboard stuff?

the same reason we don't do more SMT  :P
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rankot

Mosrite Fuzzrite. Built it long ago, then decided to make some mods. Sounds much more interesting now :)

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

deadastronaut

found out what those nifty connectors are called....

JST XH 2.5-3 Pin

ordered some up....cheers marc... 8)

bean

Aion Soma which is based on the Cornish SS-3. Just a great sounding circuit and a fun build. I opted for some mojo germanium diodes.

EBK

Not a pedal yet, but I'm oddly proud of these.  They are roll-of-TP knobs I made by drilling holes in some Davies knobs. 

They are for a COVID-19 themed build I am working on.

Edit:
Preliminary graphics (ignore the green line -- it is just for enclosure size reference):
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

alanp

Quote from: slashandburn on April 13, 2020, 03:07:51 PM
I'm with deadastronaut here. Whenever I see these on motherboard fans and the like I think we're really a trick here.

You guys taught me to socket trannies and ICs. Why don't we just socket almost all the offboard stuff?

Because crimping wire onto the metal parts for the female plug is a right pain in the backside, and because it's one more thing to fall out of the PCB when the pedal is thrown into a gig bag.

bluebunny

Here's a leftover from last weekend.  (I couldn't sit soldering the whole of the Easter break!)  It's a submini tube combo comprising Rick's "Vintage Vibe" and the beavis "Subcaster" (Valvecaster with a 6111).  The order is switchable.

I rather stupidly laid it out with the tubes the same side as the rest of the components, so not much to see in the gut shot!  :icon_rolleyes:

(Bonus points for spotting the typo on the waterslide...)
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

SV
Ops. Don't yu just hayte it when that happens

Looks grate
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein