Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willienillie

Electric steel toe boot tester?

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thomasha

video or it didn't happen

Great pedal!Would love to hear how this all-tube sounds

bluebunny

Quote from: thomasha on April 19, 2020, 05:18:22 AM
Would love to hear how this all-tube sounds

Me too.  Totally kcufed the wiring on the FX order switch.   :icon_rolleyes:   And despite adjusting it correctly out of the box, I'm now not getting the right heater voltage to the Subcaster side: it's slightly warm, but no glow like the other two.   :icon_neutral:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

It's been offended by the typo :)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

pengge

Here's my newest build: an all-tube preamp with 3 gain stages and a buffer for the eq. It sounds loud and great; Marshall-like tones at any volume. I had the pcb made; I found a website that can make 10 pcbs (10cm X 10cm) for 5$... shipping not included. (https://www.mokotechnology.com/) I highly recommend it.

rankot

Quote from: pengge on April 20, 2020, 02:58:59 AM
Here's my newest build: an all-tube preamp with 3 gain stages and a buffer for the eq. It sounds loud and great; Marshall-like tones at any volume. I had the pcb made; I found a website that can make 10 pcbs (10cm X 10cm) for 5$... shipping not included. (https://www.mokotechnology.com/) I highly recommend it.

Is this just an advertisement for Mokotechnology? I don't get it. If I click on those images, they can't be enlarged, so what's the idea behind this post???
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

rankot

Modded Rat I build few days ago:

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Black is the colour of the day...
Black Ash fuzz

and Small Clone chorus

T.

garcho

^ stylish, bravo
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

davent

Nice @Temol, have never seen that tan style of chicken head knob before.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

temol

Thank you :)

@davent - aliexpress score. There are black and cream knobs available. Search ali for "chicken head knobs". $4.99 for 30 pieces.

Small update to my previous message. Recently I've stepped deeper into enclosure making and below are my newest ideas.

T

vigilante397

Quote from: temol on April 21, 2020, 12:03:28 PM
Small update to my previous message. Recently I've stepped deeper into enclosure making and below are my newest ideas.

T

I hope you're prepared to be attacked by people wanting you to make enclosures for them :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

sweet enclosures..nice.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Crowella

So I made a few RAT Clones for myself and two of my bands I am in. Nothing too special about them, SMD inside, with an OP87 because I had some in stock. I did stuff up the PCB with the layout of the FET and so inside has an SMD fet wired in point to point in the air which isn't ideal but it works.

First time working with slide decals in ages (I'd say maybe 5 years?). First one right at the back of the photo shrunk a bit too much for my liking, which was for applying too much heat in my tiny toaster oven (talking 70 degrees celsius instead of the 30 I wanted). Oh well.

All in all, they sound amazing. I never really thought much of the RAT until one of my band mates got one and religiously uses on his board. Since I now take up guitar duties in that band on occasion, thought it was worth mirroring. Also another for my other band because I swear by these now.

Also yes, that does say Disbort.
Rhythm in jump, dancing close to you

temol

Quote from: vigilante397 on April 21, 2020, 12:43:59 PM
I hope you're prepared to be attacked by people wanting you to make enclosures for them :P

I really doubt it :)

Nathan -any tips for those transparent finishes? I think I'm going to give them a try.
ps. Today I spent some time on Prismaticpowders website, browsing their powders offer. I'd spend a small fortune there :)
ps2. Looking for EU supplier of a small quantity (preferably 1kg) of vein/hammered powders.

T

vigilante397

Quote from: temol on May 02, 2020, 06:00:32 PM
Nathan -any tips for those transparent finishes? I think I'm going to give them a try.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but make sure you put on a thick coat. It will still cure nice and translucent, but if you feel like you're doing a little too much powder, that's probably a good coat. If you're more cautious you could go thinner and do multiple coats, as adding more is WAY easier than taking off. But with the nice thick coats I don't even feel the need to do a clear coat, they're super solid.

And I hear you on the website, it can be dangerous :P I only bought 1/2 lb of each of my colors (they call it a "sample") because I couldn't justify spending that much. Still came out close to $100 with shipping ::) Soooo many cool finishes!
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

patrick398

Quote from: temol on May 02, 2020, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: vigilante397 on April 21, 2020, 12:43:59 PM

I really doubt it :)

ps. Today I spent some time on Prismaticpowders website, browsing their powders offer. I'd spend a small fortune there :)
ps2. Looking for EU supplier of a small quantity (preferably 1kg) of vein/hammered powders.

T

I think Nathan was spot on, those enclosures are beautiful and i'd definitely buy some. They look quite labour intensive though so i wonder if it's worth your time/effort without having to charge $30 a pop.
For powders in the EU, i have used these guys. The black hammer is nice, i think they have a fairly decent selection of textures and prices are pretty good, 1KG seems to be about £24
https://powdercoatingpowder.co.uk/ripple-leatherette-powder-coatings/goose-grey-ripple-letheret-bs-00a05-powder-coatings.html

There's also https://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/pages/powders though their selection is more limited

HTH

Patrick

temol

Thank you Patrick for the links. £24 seems to be a bit pricey, especially with current £/PLN exchange rate. But it's good to know there's an alternative for small quantity orders. Most of the local sellers have minimum 5-10kg order for a single color. There's one company I buy from. They sell some of the powders in 1kg packages and the price is really good - between £5 and £10 for 1kg pack. But they do not have any super fancy finishes I'd like to have - for example, somehing like Double blue vein from Prismaticpowders.
As for the enclosures - thanks! I'll think about making small batch for sale. It takes some time to fabricate one enclosure but I'm getting better at this :)

But.. to keep with the main topic of the thread.

Foxx Tone Machine

and Roger Mayer Octavia. Not sure about the knobs.. I have 4 sets of knobs that I like here.

T.

davent

Those look great, channelling the '60's!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg