News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

This is an EQD Data Corrupter I did as a personal project only. I'm actually really pleased with the whole thing as far as the circuit itself and my layout/artwork, etc. Endless hours of entertainment in this box. Next up I kinda wanna tackle a full PLL.

stallik

Brian, great looking pedal and hilarious website!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

rankot

Quote from: temol on May 03, 2020, 06:04:58 PM
Thank you Patrick for the links. £24 seems to be a bit pricey, especially with current £/PLN exchange rate. But it's good to know there's an alternative for small quantity orders. Most of the local sellers have minimum 5-10kg order for a single color. There's one company I buy from. They sell some of the powders in 1kg packages and the price is really good - between £5 and £10 for 1kg pack. But they do not have any super fancy finishes I'd like to have - for example, somehing like Double blue vein from Prismaticpowders.
As for the enclosures - thanks! I'll think about making small batch for sale. It takes some time to fabricate one enclosure but I'm getting better at this :)

But.. to keep with the main topic of the thread.

Foxx Tone Machine

and Roger Mayer Octavia. Not sure about the knobs.. I have 4 sets of knobs that I like here.

T.

You're really kicking ass with those! I don't have a proper place to paint like this, but if I had, I'd certainly use this crazy paint!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

garcho

awesome as usual Brain, bravo, I'll be looking for that schematic ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

diydave

A bandmember gave me a pedal he couldn't see any use for. It was a volumepedal of some sorts.
I always wanted to build me a wah. So here it is. Nothing fancy (thanks tonepad for the pcblayout).

To avoid stomping the thing, I fabricated a "soft activation system" consisting of a micro-switch which in turn operates a relay.
A screw on the rocker of the pedal can engage / disengage the microswitch. So as soon as I rock the pedal back, the wah is activated.
To bypass it, press the rocker down (so the screw hits the microswitch).

Mich P

Brilliant.

willienillie

Bad pic of a custom wah build for a customer.  Replaced the guts of his Chinese (racist) Vox V-847A, robbing the inductor and battery snap off the original board.  Stock vintage circuit, with an On-Off-On to add either 2n2 or 4n7 to the sweep cap.  True bypass, Switchcraft jacks, NOS 2N2925 transistors, and current Dunlop HotPotz II.  Sounds great.  My first experience with PTH perf, I like it.

amz-fx

Compressor using my pcb and the SSM2166 chip from Small Bear:

regards, Jack

Mark Hammer

Nice, Jack.  I incorporated the Rotation control and a toggle for selecting averaging cap value on mine in addition to the 4 basic controls.  It really IS a nice compressor.  The downward expansion is a wonderful addition. A pity they don't make the DIP version anymore.

Regards, Mark

Marcos - Munky

Nice! I have two of those ICs on my parts bin, I really need to build that compressor (again, since I built it once but disassembled it when I didn't knew how useful is a compressor). I tried once to make an onboard pots layout but didn't got to made it, maybe it's time for another attempt.

patrick398

Tremulus Lune, thanks to Rich (Kipper) for his help getting it firing

bluebunny

Nice one, Patrick.  Love the design.  Is that a sticker?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

patrick398

Quote from: bluebunny on May 10, 2020, 05:14:59 PM

No it's a PCB actually. I make them in illustrator before doing to actual PCB layout then have them manufactured at the same time as the PCBs :)

davent

Quote from: patrick398 on May 11, 2020, 05:05:42 AM

No it's a PCB actually. I make them in illustrator before doing to actual PCB layout then have them manufactured at the same time as the PCBs :)

Great solution, they look super! (outside & in)
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

patrick398

Quote from: davent on May 11, 2020, 11:14:08 AM

Great solution, they look super! (outside & in)
dave

Thanks Dave, that means a lot coming from you, i've been in awe of your work for years. I think i could have tidied up the layout of the pcb a bit, try to have components aligned and pointed the same way etc but since it was a one off i decided i couldn't be bothered ha

deadastronaut

nice work patrick...very stylish.... 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Very smart.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

idiot savant

Been awhile since I've had enough time and energy to build a personal project.

This one is based on the Holmes Spectrum, and Craig Anderton Super Tone Control. It's basically a 2 pole state-variable filter, with each output brought out and mixable individually in a somewhat parametric-ish way. Low is the Low-pass output, Mid is the Band-pass output, High is the High-pass output. Tons of variety in there mixing the outputs, for example you can even get a notch(band reject) output by mixing High-pass and Low-pass.

Additionally, like the Holmes Spectrum, the Frequency cutoff controls are brought out separately, instead of ganged like the Anderton STC or other traditional SVF setups. This gives even more in-between tones. Resonance and Output Level controls round out the filter. Pretty unique overall.

I decided that it would be fun to add in some goodies like relay bypassing, and modulation, so I whipped up a version of my multi-mode envelope generator PIC code to wiggle the cutoff controls(HP, and BP). When using modulation, the second footswitch is used for triggering and gating. Depth control is pretty self-explanatory. The cutoff controls(HP and BP) determine the starting point of the sweep.

There's six types of modulation available via the Mode control:

-Gated EG: Press the footswitch, and the EG rises(attack). Release the footswitch, and the EG falls(decay). Speed set by the Ramp knob and/or external CV.

-Looping: Essentially a triangle wave LFO. Footswitch starts, and stops the modulation. Speed set by Ramp knob and/or external CV.

-One shot EG: Press the switch, and the EG runs through its attack, then decay cycle once. Speed set by Ramp knob and/or external CV.

-Gated Looping EG: Same as the Looping mode, but momentary. The EG loops only when holding the switch down. Speed set by Ramp knob and/or external CV.

-Discrete EG: Tap once, attack runs and holds at MAX. Tap again, decay runs and holds at MIN. Speed set by Ramp knob and/or external CV.

-Manual mode: This just outputs the static Ramp/Depth settings directly. Switch toggles it on and off. Makes direct sweeping via external CV easier.

So plenty of fun stuff to play with. The Discrete and Manual modes basically allow you to have 2 pseudo-presets to play with. The others are pretty fun too. The status of the EG is displayed through one of the panel LEDs, and will flash as you cross the threshold between modes to give a little visual feedback to the Mode selection control.

This uses a super simple, stripped down version of the code. I decided it would be too much trouble to have separate attack and decay controls since I was already up to 10 knobs, so I just set it up as a single time control. It's less flexible this way since it forces you to use symmetric attack and decay times, but it makes the whole modulation bus much simpler to use. :)

marcelomd

Hi,
This is a TPA3118 based practice amp. Just a buffer, aux in and a bit of power supply filtering. I'm waiting for a power switch to finish it and shorten the internal wiring. It runs on a 24V power brick and I may put a 9V regulator do supply pedals.
The box is from a wristwatch I got.

EDIT: Should I move this to the amp picture thread?

temol

Ranko, thanks! :)

Shooting transparent powders is tougher than I expected. It's a long way to the top...

Here's the result - transparent blue over bare aluminium (brushed). It's ok but I want it to be perfect :).
It's not an easy task (at least for me) to get even coverage, without powder buildup on the edges. This is not a big problem with opaque colors, but with transparent finish it's quite visible.

and before painting. Btw - it's a new enclosure prototype, with large edge radius (strymon-like), here with diy brushing effect.

And new powder  - rust effect.

T.