News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phend

No, not evil, very good, haven't added the quantum control yet, but the B1K pot works great in place of the C1K. Definitely a great sounding effect. Funny though my cat went into an empty cardboard  box and never came out. Must be a missing plus sign in my calculations.
Thanks for your concern.  But all is good, not evil. 

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Phend on May 16, 2021, 06:08:19 PM
Funny though my cat went into an empty cardboard  box and never came out. Must be a missing plus sign in my calculations.
Don't worry on that. Not a single evil being would mess around with a cat. They're smart enough to know that. Also, not a missing plus sign either, cats doesn't obey math rules. In fact, they doesn't obey any rules but their own. So all good so far, the cat may just decided to travel thru space/time for a while.

Btw, your build is awesome, again.

temol

Sunday classics. Maestro FZ1 fuzz clone in a nice black box.

vigilante397

I've had these PCBs sitting around since February and even had them soldered up since March, but I finally got around to the enclosure and getting it all buttoned up. "Loopy LP8" programmable looper from Davide (rocker-D82 on here). Love the way the UV print came out on this one, the clearcoat really made the colors pop.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

stallik

Cracking job Nathan. That would look perfect on my board
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

vigilante397

Quote from: stallik on May 25, 2021, 02:08:17 AM
Cracking job Nathan. That would look perfect on my board

Thanks :) I'd be happy to share artwork files, but no way in hell am I building another :P Davide did a great job with the design (though I think he has an updated design out now?) and it isn't difficult to put together, but it is labor intensive.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

Can't remember if I've shared this circuit before, but this month I got a request for full color artwork printed over a white powdercoat, and I love how it turned out. Circuit is an Orange AD200B preamp with a 12AX7.

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

stallik

Love it Nathan. Almost 3D
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Phend

Cool work Nathan of Chicago land. Maybe do a lake Michigan theme....
  • SUPPORTER+

garcho

I dig that looper Nathan, wow, bravo!

I always wanted to make a Chicago hotdog overdrive pedal. For those of you lucky enough to not know what a Chicago hotdog is: it starts out with a perfectly delicious sausage in a standard white flour hotdog bun, like anywhere else. Then they do this to it:

For a town full of amazing eats, that range from a dude at the bar with a cooler full of hot tamales to Michelin star food laboratories to Slow Food pot lucks to lakeside BBQ, how is it that Chicago lent its name to that piece of work? I lived there for almost 20 years, but could never figure out the damn hotdog or wtf is the concept behind the so-called "Italian" beef. They take a perfectly fine sandwich and dump a pint of beef broth on top. Then they wrap it up in foil just to make sure there isn't any part of it that's not ruined.  Bizarre.

Anyway, I figured it would be a great theme for a "too many knobs" kind of thing. And those Chernobyl-green knobs I haven't ever found the right design for yet  ;D

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

eh la bas ma

Here is an optical tremolo.

My father asked for it. He told me to do "something blue, in the german expressionism's way". I took some ideas from Ernst Kirchner (autoportrait 1925-1926), and Paul Klee (Castle and Sun, 1928) :

Please, can someone explain to me, with simple words,  what is "Symmetry" and what does it do in this circuit ? I can hear that something is happening but i don't know what exactly.

https://www.musikding.de/docs/musikding/tremolo/tremoloschalt.pdf
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

bluebunny

I would imagine that "Symmetry" moves the modulation waveform from sawtooth |\ to ramp /|, with triangle /\ in the middle.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ElectricDruid

Quote from: bluebunny on June 05, 2021, 12:54:52 PM
I would imagine that "Symmetry" moves the modulation waveform from sawtooth |\ to ramp /|, with triangle /\ in the middle.

+1 what Bunny said.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: garcho on June 03, 2021, 09:24:39 AM

What exactly *is* that stuff that you so poetically described as "chernobyl green"?!?

davent

Quote from: ElectricDruid on June 05, 2021, 01:17:11 PM
Quote from: garcho on June 03, 2021, 09:24:39 AM

What exactly *is* that stuff that you so poetically described as "chernobyl green"?!?

Looks like sweet pickle relish with a good dose of green dye.

dave

edit; not green dye, blue dye
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

ElectricDruid

Quote from: davent on June 05, 2021, 01:19:39 PM

dave

bbut...bbutt.. WHY???.. WHY???

Aren't pickles green/blue/nuclear enough already? Do they really need surgery to make them more plastic-fantastic?

But I'm guessing I'm not the target audience for this dish. This is more the sort of stuff we get around our (literal) neck of the woods:

(Wild boar with chestnuts - very tasty, if you ever get a chance to try it)

T.

mdcmdcmdc

The chicago dog is a gift from the heavens and I will not stand by and let its holy name be besmirched.

Next you'll be complaining about rainbow cone, you heathen.

Phend

Here is the secret ingredient.  This green stuff is one thing,  don't even ask what the dog is made of.

• SUPPORTER+

davent

Quote from: ElectricDruid on June 05, 2021, 05:43:46 PM
Quote from: davent on June 05, 2021, 01:19:39 PM

dave

bbut...bbutt.. WHY???.. WHY???

Aren't pickles green/blue/nuclear enough already? Do they really need surgery to make them more plastic-fantastic?

But I'm guessing I'm not the target audience for this dish. This is more the sort of stuff we get around our (literal) neck of the woods:

(Wild boar with chestnuts - very tasty, if you ever get a chance to try it)

T.

Of course the mustard is jazzed too...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

duck_arse

Quote from: eh la bas ma on June 05, 2021, 10:59:11 AM
I took some ideas from Ernst Kirchner (autoportrait 1925-1926), and Paul Klee (Castle and Sun, 1928) :

Please, can someone explain to me, with simple words,  what is "Symmetry" and what does it do in this circuit ? I can hear that something is happening but i don't know what exactly.

I think Klee might know about symmetry, but I wouldn't ask Kirchner.

anybody else not getting the boring boar image to load in thread?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.