News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

Fantastic, Nathan - your usual mixture of extremely modern and high-tech with totally backwards and old-skool, but this time turned up to eleven. Love it. :icon_wink:

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Phend

Boxed up my boxes. First modified each to add a LED and push button switch. The box is a wine box from a junk store. Assembled 22.5 inches x 14.25 inches (571 mm x 362 mm). Cabinet making is not the best, don't have the proper tools.The bottom Micro Five is still empty. That's the next project.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

ElectricDruid

Quote from: vigilante397 on August 18, 2021, 02:57:27 PM
It's like an artisanal boutique rackmount rig :P

Lol! And should therefore be ten times more expensive than an "ordinary" rig!  ;D

Phend

Apparently I am far from ordinarily normal. Which is quite apparent. See Post Fuzz and Fuzz Light builds. Weird at best. More to be built. Expensive ? Na, but keeps me busy in retirement.  BTW NFS
  • SUPPORTER+

vigilante397

Quote from: Phend on August 18, 2021, 05:37:29 PM
Expensive ? ...  BTW NFS
So what you're saying is not only are they expensive, but they're actually priceless ;)

Your builds are unusual for sure, which is why we enjoy seeing them. All of my builds look the same for the most part, if I didn't label my PCBs gutshots of all my pedals would be completely indistinguishable from each other. It's refreshing to see something new and different, and I look forward to seeing more ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

ElectricDruid

Quote from: Phend on August 18, 2021, 01:10:11 PM

That wine looks not half bad! A nice collection of Tuscan favourites.

If you need another box, send one over and I'll drink the contents for you!

Fancy Lime

Quote from: vigilante397 on August 10, 2021, 11:58:40 PM
Something a little different than usual from me. I need PCBs from an organizational standpoint, but I know people want the mojo of turretboard builds, so I decided to combine the two. Powdercoated enclosure, laser engraved/cut wood veneer faceplate, UV printed on the bottom. SMPS, polarity protection, and CLR are all SMD and mounted on the bottom of the PCB, everything else is mounted obnoxiously on turrets with axial components. I only made 10 of these as a "special edition limited run," that's why I serialized them.

Cool. Waaaay cool! I love me the turret board mojo but was always a bit miffed that it just doesn't work with ICs without looking super goofy, this loosing the mojo (obviously). But the way you did it there really opens the door for some fun shenanigans with mojo parts without sacrificing actual circuit functionality. Nice.

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

moid

I don't often get round to decorating my pedals, but here are two that are finished today! Discussion of the build is here:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=127534.0

Some pictures:
Circuit for my son - this used a pouring technique of multiple layers of dilute acrylic paint and copolymer emulsion - quite chaotic and messy, but fun to make! I was watching some beautiful abstract art tutorials where people combine paint with loads of different chemicals and thought I'd have a go myself, but was lacking in the chemicals (something called floetrol, different types of alcohol etc) so came up with my own formula, made different pots of thin acrylic paint, poured them all into one pot carefully, then poured the whole mix over the enclosure (having previously spray painted it white all over and then masked the sides with masking tape / painter's tape). Once the mess was poured on I blew air (from my mouth, very hi-tech) and also from a plastic pipette to direct some of it about and then used thin strips of flexible plastic to encourage some of the swirls to form more dynamic patterns (my paint wasn't thin enough in hindsight). It was fun, I'd definitely do it again, but what a mess! Oh and it took 2 days to dry... and you have to be happy with a 'textured' surface afterwards!

This is the underside

Circuit for my friend, the artwork is a digital painting I made that I based on another artist's work (basically I stole the pose and character design, and then adjusted it and totally repainted it - the background is mine). Printed onto sticker paper and applied to the enclosure. I really don't like sticker paper, it never cuts like I want it too and it is fiddly! The missing knob will be filled by a Boba Fett / Mandalorian guitar knob my friend has, which should be similar to the helmet I've painted, albeit somewhat larger.

First time I've made a top mounted pedal; what a pain they are!

My friend sent me a photo of the pedal with the custom knob on it:

Mushrooms in Shampoo -  Amidst the Ox Eyes - our new album!

https://mushroomsinshampoo.bandcamp.com/album/amidst-the-ox-eyes

Plexi

Some kind of "hybrids"
SHO+Red Llama modified with Big Muff tone stack (bypassable).

Katzenkönig (one of the best ToneBender based fuzz I've ever payed..)
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

duck_arse

I wish I could bend that straight, Plexi.
don't make me draw another line.

Plexi

Quote from: duck_arse on September 06, 2021, 12:11:59 PM
I wish I could bend that straight, Plexi.

The trick is to use an electrician plier, with 1cm tip and two ways to bend in exactly 90º

Plexi

Katzenkönig finished

garcho

Damn, Plexi, nice work!!! Bravo
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rutabaga bob

Wow.  And you get no noise from unshielded wire?
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Plexi

Quote from: rutabaga bob on September 06, 2021, 04:15:46 PM

Nothing at all! Even when I'v tweaked that fuzz for more gain, that is already very high gain.
I notice even less noise: nice power supply filtering (resistor and cap) and Faraday's cage (enclosure grounded) do the job

Phend

Adn ya toght ew were crazie
  • SUPPORTER+

stallik

Quote from: rutabaga bob on September 06, 2021, 04:15:46 PM
Surely hookup wire is unshielded. The covering only supplies insulation so there should be no difference. Does look naked though
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein