News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gila_Crisis

I love Miyazaki!!! his films are just too wonderfull!

Focalized

kristoffereide

are those TAD-caps I see there?
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

fuzzo

Why using turrent board when veroboard or even PCB take less place in the box ?  ???

ItZaLLgOOd

Quote from: fuzzo on May 14, 2009, 09:14:05 AM
Why using turrent board when veroboard or even PCB take less place in the box ?  ???

Mojo ;D
Lifes to short for cheap beer

Barcode80

You aren't thinking in all 3 dimensions. The turret board actually takes up less space because all the components can be stretched across on a thinner plane instead of standing on a board, which allows more room underneath to mount panel mounted components like pots and such.

and, as mentioned, there is the mojo :)

liddokun

Quote from: cloudscapes on May 13, 2009, 10:38:18 PM
Quote from: Gila_Crisis on May 13, 2009, 02:28:18 PM

I love this (and the movie!)!
I have most Ghibli's on DVD

Sorry for hijacking for just a bit, if you love the studio Ghibli music, there's a guy who's transcribed most of the music from the movies for solo classical guitar.
(in tabs and in notes)

http://hjg.com.ar/ghibli/musica/

To those about to rock, we salute you.

Gila_Crisis

Focalized

Because I have it. Because it's nice to build from scratch off a schematic point to point.
Because the parts are "mojo" or as I call "big parts".

lazerphea

Wow... turret boards... I didn't even know they existed! :)

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi Slacker,

if may read this have a look here: That's how my Slacktave MkII turned out:D Notice I included the "annoying LED trick", which can be found aus the red square LEDs in the middle of the pedal.:D

Regards
Helge

solderman

Quote from: Barcode80 on May 14, 2009, 03:29:37 PM
You aren't thinking in all 3 dimensions. The turret board actually takes up less space because all the components can be stretched across on a thinner plane instead of standing on a board, which allows more room underneath to mount panel mounted components like pots and such.

and, as mentioned, there is the mojo :)

??? A PCB or torrent board is about 1.3mm thick and no turrets in the way ??? and Op-ams etc. hard to handle on free base.
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 15, 2009, 02:59:54 PM
Hi Slacker,

if may read this have a look here: That's how my Slacktave MkII turned out:D Notice I included the "annoying LED trick", which can be found aus the red square LEDs in the middle of the pedal.:D

Regards
Helge
Hi
Clasic, super . Brings me back to the good old Commodor VIC 64 days. I can hear the blip sound in my ears  Does it sound like a VIC 64??

www.soldersound.com

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 15, 2009, 02:59:54 PM
Hi Slacker,

Regards
Helge

Awesome job! Can you give us an explanation of the "annoying LED trick"? Sounds like something I want to include in all my builds from now on...

Fuzz Aldryn

@ Solderman:Thank yor for you kind words!:) For me it does sound like that. Even more synthish than the MXR Blue Box. Search für the Slacktave MKII here - you should be able to finde some soundclips of it. Though mine does sound a little different due to some minor mods/subs.
@Taylor:Thank you as well!
But no, it's something that's related to the slacktave nature. The LEDs are driven by pin 4 of the 4024 ripple counter. For further details have a look here: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/album170/slacktavemkII.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards
Helge

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on May 15, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
@ Solderman:Thank yor for you kind words!:) For me it does sound like that. Even more synthish than the MXR Blue Box. Search für the Slacktave MKII here - you should be able to finde some soundclips of it. Though mine does sound a little different due to some minor mods/subs.
@Taylor:Thank you as well!
But no, it's something that's related to the slacktave nature. The LEDs are driven by pin 4 of the 4024 ripple counter. For further details have a look here: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/album170/slacktavemkII.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Regards
Helge
Found it, liked it, gonna build it. Fits in a 1590A. Wats more to say  ;D (green ringer and blue box ...hit the wall)
Might call it PacMan or Donkey Kong

www.soldersound.com

head_spaz

Quote from: davent on May 12, 2009, 01:58:08 PM
Doug Hammond's  'Hot Silicon'!

Hey Dave,
That's a nice looking doodad you've designed.
I especially like the font you've chosen.
May I ask where you found it?
The only similar font style that I can find is called Swing-Font-Bold.
But I can't seem to locate a free download anywhere.
Best Regards,
David
Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

aChorusofJays

Hey Spaz, do a search for "Dymaxion Script", its a free-font I have that looks dead-similar.

head_spaz

aChorusofJays,
That's it! THANK YOU!

Now I recognize where I've seen it before.

Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

davent

Hi David,

That's the one.  I had searched for a Chevy Belaire font wanting  something associated with a 50's two-tone car. A few others i found are Hyperspeed, Top Speed Heavy and Top Speed Outline. All are free at  http://www.dafont.com/

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg