Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Quote from: nosamiam on May 18, 2009, 12:38:11 PM
Quote from: solderman on May 18, 2009, 06:32:34 AM
[quote author=nosamiam link=topic=36392.msg625815#msg625815 date=1242615034

Magnus Modulus

White epoxy enamel (good stuff, no primer necessary), orange paint was spraypaint done w/stencil, outline and lettering done freehand with black paint marker, two clearcoats. Hand lettering is scary! You can't erase mistakes!

Works fine except LED's aren't hooked up. They're just for show until I can get some new ones that I like.
Nice looking and a lot of controlls. What does it do exept blip  ;D
Looks like the of spring from a Tremulus Lune that has mated with a delay of some kind  :icon_question:

MAGNUS MODULUS is on our very own forum: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72527.0

I populated my board a while back, though I still have to decide on an elegant way to house it.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

armstrom

Quote from: mills on May 18, 2009, 12:22:09 PM
I'm curious, those white connectors on the rainbow of wires in the tuna melt...  Could anyone tell me what they're called and possibly where to find some (probably mouser, but I've always had trouble navigating their stocklist, especially without knowing where to start for something like that).
Thanks
A lot of people call them "molex" connectors but that's just the name of a company that makes connectors that happen to be pretty popular. Kind of like calling all cola "Coke". There are many other companies that make connectors like that. JST, AMP, Sumitomo, etc... A category search through mouser for connectors should yield lots of options. Keep in mind that wire connectors like that typically are sold in parts, the plastic housing is purchased separately from the little metals pins. Some of the pins can be very tough to install if you don't have the proprietary crimp tool ($$$) so you may need to try a few. I had good luck with JST connectors in the past. To narrow down your search you'll need to know what kind of connectors you need, wire/wire, wire/board, board/board...  I'll see if I can find something and edit  my post with a link.

mills

Quote from: armstrom on May 18, 2009, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: mills on May 18, 2009, 12:22:09 PM
I'm curious, those white connectors on the rainbow of wires in the tuna melt...  Could anyone tell me what they're called and possibly where to find some (probably mouser, but I've always had trouble navigating their stocklist, especially without knowing where to start for something like that).
Thanks
A lot of people call them "molex" connectors but that's just the name of a company that makes connectors that happen to be pretty popular. Kind of like calling all cola "Coke". There are many other companies that make connectors like that. JST, AMP, Sumitomo, etc... A category search through mouser for connectors should yield lots of options. Keep in mind that wire connectors like that typically are sold in parts, the plastic housing is purchased separately from the little metals pins. Some of the pins can be very tough to install if you don't have the proprietary crimp tool ($$$) so you may need to try a few. I had good luck with JST connectors in the past. To narrow down your search you'll need to know what kind of connectors you need, wire/wire, wire/board, board/board...  I'll see if I can find something and edit  my post with a link.

Ahhh... the proprietary crimp tool... I should've expected that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

nosamiam

Quote from: frequencycentral on May 18, 2009, 01:09:29 PM
Quote from: nosamiam on May 18, 2009, 12:38:11 PM
Quote from: solderman on May 18, 2009, 06:32:34 AM
[quote author=nosamiam link=topic=36392.msg625815#msg625815 date=1242615034

Magnus Modulus

White epoxy enamel (good stuff, no primer necessary), orange paint was spraypaint done w/stencil, outline and lettering done freehand with black paint marker, two clearcoats. Hand lettering is scary! You can't erase mistakes!

Works fine except LED's aren't hooked up. They're just for show until I can get some new ones that I like.
Nice looking and a lot of controlls. What does it do exept blip  ;D
Looks like the of spring from a Tremulus Lune that has mated with a delay of some kind  :icon_question:

MAGNUS MODULUS is on our very own forum: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=72527.0

I populated my board a while back, though I still have to decide on an elegant way to house it.

Ah, that's right! That's where I first saw the project. Later on, I found it was easier to find it via Google, but yes, it's on DIYSB.

armstrom

Quote from: mills on May 18, 2009, 01:20:41 PM
Ahhh... the proprietary crimp tool... I should've expected that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!
Some of the pins aren't too bad. When I was working with some JST connectors I was able to "crimp the ends on using small needle nose pliers. Nearly all of the crimps work the same way. Strip the wire, feed it through a hole in the end. Then you fold over two "tabs" or "ears" crushing them down into the insulation of the wire (this is the "mechanical" connection). Then you crimp to additional ears over the exposed conductor of the wire.  I'm paranoid so I always put a tiny dab of solder on the pin to ensure a good electrical connection between the pin and the wire. You have to be careful not to use too much solder though or the pin may not slide into the connector housing. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Kearns892

Quote from: Slade on May 18, 2009, 12:04:26 PM
Second Beast Face (my modified fuzz face design):

Greetings!

Beastly finish (lol), mind explaining some of your technique specifically, it's really clean.

Kitarist

Quote from: Jaco P. on May 16, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
Tube Screamer TS808 & TS9

Noisy Cricket Mark II:

Digital Delay PT-80

Did you use a water decal to put up that guitar guy and text on the pedal because it looks great!!!

Thomeeque

Quote from: Jaco P. on May 16, 2009, 06:22:27 PM
Digital Delay PT-80

Cute! Especially those knob-icons! :)
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

frequencycentral

Surf's up !!

I sold the original, this is it's replacement.

chicago_mike

How the fark do you do your graphics?

frequencycentral

Quote from: chicago_mike on May 19, 2009, 03:44:42 PM
How the fark do you do your graphics?

Hmm......very well?

azrael

Question: What do you guys use for your pedal's clear coat? I think I'm using some Rust-oluem enamel stuff or Krylon enamel...And after a couple of coats, I can get a smooth glassy finish, but even after several days (weeks in some cases of laziness!) the clear coat isn't 100% hard. I can press into it using my nail, or if I leave it on top of some points objects, it easily gets marred.

So! What should I use?

sethj

my god that is GORGEOUS!

d-_-b

Quote from: Slade on May 18, 2009, 12:04:26 PM
Second Beast Face (my modified fuzz face design):

Greetings!

Valoosj

Boost/overdrive pedal for the guitarplayer of a metalband called Social Decay.

Sigh, the obligatory gutshot.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

frequencycentral

#3 in my "wrong way around enclosure" series. This one started it's life as a Phase 45 with JC Maillet's mods. However, after testing it, I found the effect far too subtle for my liking, so I added two extra phase stages on a tiny daughter board for a deeper phase effect. So it's not quite a Phase 45, not quite a Phase 90 - it's a Phase Evolution!

earthtonesaudio

Rick, is it my imagination or does the main board there have a bit of flex to it? 

Great looking solder side, by the way.   8)

frequencycentral

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on May 20, 2009, 02:11:36 PM
Rick, is it my imagination or does the main board there have a bit of flex to it? 

Great looking solder side, by the way.   8)

Thanks Alex, yeah that perf does flex through heat as you build onto it, a bit of a bummer really, I prefer the fibreglass stuff but I'm using up spare bits right now.

noelgrassy

2- Folk Fuzz DeLuxe 3.5% built with help from Bjorn, Jfromel, NOC3, Deaj big ups to you monsters of FX domain!

Crazy use of obsolete xistors in one and "stock" xistors in the other. Dang it both don't sound purdy and useful too!
The "Tore down from the floor down" look courtesy of Deaj's custom YATS a while back. Now to get my decal skills
on par with you folks at DIY Stompboxes.

This OD uses Deaj's YATS circuit and I thought I'd reflect it's previous incarnations [albeit with 2 buffers that were omitted]
in the moniker on the gorgeous Luci Box. That's how "swirlin's" did.IMHO!

Thanks for looking,
Noel Grassy.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

John Lyons

"Rusty Lattice Fuzz"

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

CynicalMan

Quote from: frequencycentral on May 20, 2009, 02:06:13 PM
#3 in my "wrong way around enclosure" series. This one started it's life as a Phase 45 with JC Maillet's mods. However, after testing it, I found the effect far too subtle for my liking, so I added two extra phase stages on a tiny daughter board for a deeper phase effect. So it's not quite a Phase 45, not quite a Phase 90 - it's a Phase Evolution!

Awesome effect. A phase 67.5?