News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrejans

I don't know if you guys know, but Banzai sells the EH tube enclosures.
A bit pricey, though: 26.12 Euro.
But not that hard to replicate, I think. And also a good protection.

vince76

solderman why don't use something to mount the tube socket a bit down in the enclosure? I did it on my effect with alu bracket.
I think buying that tube protection from banzai is absurd... it's just a grid! every diyer here can replicate it spending 1 dollar.
V.
diy clones: Byoc Phaser, Dallas Rangemaster, Fuzz Face, RAT, Neovibe, Bassman 5F6-A, EH LPB, Big Muff, BSIABII, Valvecaster.
HAPPY TO SHARE

thereverend

are those brackets from a kitchen cabinet? looks like something from that kitchen cabinet hardware aisle at home depot.
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

DWBH

Quote from: vince76 on June 02, 2009, 06:42:21 AM
solderman why don't use something to mount the tube socket a bit down in the enclosure? I did it on my effect with alu bracket.
I think buying that tube protection from banzai is absurd... it's just a grid! every diyer here can replicate it spending 1 dollar.
V.
carrejans was talking about buying the whole enclosure, no the grid.

studiostud

I think it's actually part of the handle from a mystical samurai sword.  Maybe that's why those enclosures are fetching the steep price point.
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

solderman

Quote from: vince76 on June 02, 2009, 06:42:21 AM
V.

It's sort of crowded inside the "U-tube" so its impossible to get it lower.

Yes, its a kitchen door handle

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

frequencycentral

Quote from: solderman on June 02, 2009, 04:26:18 PM
Yes, its a kitchen door handle

But now how do you open the kitchen door?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

newbie builder

Long time since I've been around these parts--I miss pedal building!

So, I come back offering a meager contribution to this great thread:

Sorry, no gut shots, it's not pretty enough on the inside for that. Powerdercoating by PPP on the box, they did a great job. Big knob so that I can adjust the boost with my toe :)

The pedal is just a tweaked version of Gus' NPN boost....fantastic little pedal, I've built dozens of boosts and it remains one of my favorites (hence the fancy box it got, something I rarely do!).
//

SonicVI

Quote from: newbie builder on June 02, 2009, 06:15:45 PM
Long time since I've been around these parts--I miss pedal building!

So, I come back offering a meager contribution to this great thread:

Sorry, no gut shots, it's not pretty enough on the inside for that. Powerdercoating by PPP on the box, they did a great job. Big knob so that I can adjust the boost with my toe :)

The pedal is just a tweaked version of Gus' NPN boost....fantastic little pedal, I've built dozens of boosts and it remains one of my favorites (hence the fancy box it got, something I rarely do!).

Is that PPP's "pale blue hammertone"?

cloudscapes

just a rehouse of a samplerate reducer & LPF I did several months ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

newbie builder

Sonic VI--
It has been so long since I got the box for that pedal that I really have no clue what the heck the color was called...but it definitely looks to me to be a "sonic blue" and it has a hamertone texture to me, so that sounds pretty plausible!
//

studiostud

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 02, 2009, 07:50:29 PM
just a rehouse of a samplerate reducer & LPF I did several months ago

Hey man.  Slick looking enclosure!  What paint did you use?  and where did you get those cool looking knobbys?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Electric Warrior

I revamped my fuzz ace a bit..

Kitarist

hehe just great!!! :D :D

Mugshot

my recent builds:

HAGAREN FUZZ

Tonebender MK2 Pro using NPN Silicon trannies and un-modded Silicon Fuzz Face in one go-to/hit-me box. (silicon=consistency  ;D)

-----------------------------------------

1990 Phase

a modded Phase 90, PCB made by a good friend, i added an output control (level) to control the output going into dirt pedals. pretty useful, especially because at decreased output, the next pedal sees a lower gain source hence phasing becomes prominent (less dirty).

----------------------------------------

Germanium TOnebender MK2 Pro using PNP trannies and positive supply. gets octave when using the neck pickup. wow.
i am what i am, so are you.

edd101

Here is my beloved FoxxToneMachine in a handmade enclosure!!! the decals were drawn by me and a crazy condom sticker is just for fun :icon_mrgreen:

this is my black-fuzz-F ;)

Rebote Delay2 with send/return for the repeats and the oscillation mod. LOVE this pedal :)

EA tremolo in a handmade enclosure and a flashing LED mod

P.S.  Valvecaster and Clari(not) will be boxed soon ;) so much to do, so little time :icon_sad:
...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

kupervaser

ocg

...mojo is in your hands....

Al Heeley

Heres my double classic mxr tubescreamer and dyna comp now finally working.

Dragonfly

Emerald sparkle and black