News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostsauce

Okay, three things.

1 - Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time.
2 - Holy crap, you guys are doing even fancier stuff nowadays than before.
3 - Valvecasters RULE.

Pettol

Thanks guys!  Then WITH it is.

rocket8810

love the valvecaster, it's something that's been on my list for way to look, i think i'm going to have to build it sooner then i thought ;D.

here's a one of my latest builds. it's a Ge Fuzzface with an inverter, and a few special changes. i present to you the burning beard. i've got russian gt402v's in it, it can go from wall of fuzz wooly, to smooth and clear, and cleans up nicely with the volume on my guitar. the bias control is goes from around 4.5v to about 7v so it doesn't get starved and glitchy, i haven't found a setting i didn't like so far.

it's hard to see, but the paint is fairly unique. it's sort of a black cherry metallic, that i came up with mixing a few paints and using a tinted clear. i sanded away some of the tinted clear around the tips of the flames on the beard to give it that on fire look when the light hits it.

ghostsauce

Looks great! Amazing name choice too, hahaha. Love it. Got a clip?

rocket8810

Thanks man. In case you couldn't tell I'm a big fan of clutch and had that song on while I was building it. I don't yet, cause I'm really a bass aged, so my guitar skills are pretty shitty and that's being nice. I'll make some as soon as I can though, for both bass and guitar.

ghostsauce

Awesome. I'm a big fan of fuzz on bass and do some recording with a big muff on my bass once in a while. Looking forward to hearing it.

bean

I boned the order of the switch labels on the box, but other than that this one is super fun and cool! From our friend rullywow over at MBP.

idiot savant

WOW! you guys are amazing. I'm waaaaay to lazy to do artwork.

Here's my latest thingy:

It's a 5702 pentode based drive/fuzz oscillating mess. I like it, and it is surprisingly versatile. It goes from a nice gritty boost/drive to mayhem. Pretty similar in concept to Metasonix type stuff. Knobs control Vol, DC bias of each tube, and a positive feedback loop which can be "patched" to different points internally.

-m

gtudoran

Latest pedal i've worked on, a classic TS808. The paint is: layer 1- solid orange / layer two Candy Apple transparent turned out to be a beautiful red color

diydave

Quote from: gtudoran on June 05, 2015, 06:10:51 AM
Latest pedal i've worked on, a classic TS808. The paint is: layer 1- solid orange / layer two Candy Apple transparent turned out to be a beautiful red color

Nice build. Really nice wiring.

rocket8810

Dude that donkey kong box is awesome. And the ts808 looks great, even the wiring is top notch and super neat,not to mention I'm loving that color. Not leaving you out idiot, but for some reason I can't see your build. Hope its just a glitch and I can see it later.

boppy100

On your drive/fuzz oscillating mess thingy, looks great.  What have you put around the 5702 tubes?  I have been looking for something to put over jan6418 tubes, that looks good, to help with microphonics.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: boppy100 on June 05, 2015, 03:17:29 PM
On your drive/fuzz oscillating mess thingy, looks great.  What have you put around the 5702 tubes?  I have been looking for something to put over jan6418 tubes, that looks good, to help with microphonics.

Looks like cable sleaving. We use a lot here at work if we have a harness that gets moved around a lot.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

idiot savant

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on June 05, 2015, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: boppy100 on June 05, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

Looks like cable sleaving. We use a lot here at work if we have a harness that gets moved around a lot.

Yep, Techflex Insultherm. It's mostly there to prevent the tubes from hitting the box if they move.

Nikolay

Finished another custom device.
It's something like DI box with some specific requirements from a client.
Here is how it looks:

stallik

Nikolay, as always, a beautiful build, inside and out
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

davent

Nikolay, Always such clean builds and beautifully layed out, always, always, always so nice to see!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Jdansti

Here's my Abductor II delay developed by Deadastronaut. He did a great job on this. I used his PCB and it worked straight off without any troubleshooting.

I went with a tongue in cheek Star Trek theme on photo paper with a coat of Envirotex on top.  The LEDs are under the photo paper.

Here's a video showing the LED action. Sorry for the low quality of the video.

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bloxstompboxes

Liking the Traffic and the Abductor. Good stuff.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Mac Walker

Fun filled, laser weekend

Trying a different approach on this one......