News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

2 noise makers:
Ugly Face with a jack to connect the frequency control to an expression pedal and Noyhta. This is Finnish for fuzz (so google translate tells me) in honour of Christian Hemmo. It contains 2 of his circuits - bazz fuss and one more octave up - plus an LPB at the front. The right switch controls the sequence of the bf and omou circuits.
I hope the dropbox links work.
https://db.tt/CbyCkYjk
https://db.tt/Eb1DcUCB
https://db.tt/ydnWKonO
https://db.tt/ap7Ck91s

vigilante397

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on July 22, 2015, 11:43:49 PM
I want one wooden mini amp! *----*

I know we're not supposed to advertise in this thread, but aside from having beautiful products he also has very reasonable prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mouse-FatAmp-Colored-Mini-Wooden-Guitar-Combo-/121708806357?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

KSG

peterg, your boxes look seriously, I like them.
Use it or lose it.

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: peterg on July 25, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
[...] Noyhta. This is Finnish for fuzz (so google translate tells me) in honour of Christian Hemmo. It contains 2 of his circuits - bazz fuss and one more octave up - plus an LPB at the front.

I'd like to listen a demo of this triple pedal and to know something more.
Are you posting a report, right? :P
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Jdansti

Quote from: Kyurie on July 22, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

The original amp  :)

Very nice! I'm building a noise maker for my nephew and it's going to be in a wooden box. How did you do the labeling on yours?  It appears to be stamped or done with CNC.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

scaramoustache

Quote from: peterg on July 25, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
2 noise makers:
Ugly Face with a jack to connect the frequency control to an expression pedal and Noyhta. This is Finnish for fuzz (so google translate tells me) in honour of Christian Hemmo.

Love the name. Next "nukka" for mild overdrive?

MovingInSloMo

Quote from: Jdansti on July 26, 2015, 05:01:55 AM
Quote from: Kyurie on July 22, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

The original amp  :)

Very nice! I'm building a noise maker for my nephew and it's going to be in a wooden box. How did you do the labeling on yours?  It appears to be stamped or done with CNC.

I suspect laser cut and engraved. Lasers cutting machines can do awesome things

storyboardist

Finished up this Bearhug compressor last night. Thanks to Jon Patton for sharing this great little circuit.  :icon_biggrin:

Tried my hand at Millenium bypass, as I have a bunch of DPDT footswitches and they have a much softer click than the kachunk of the 3PDTs I have. Enclosure is just a cheapo 1590B knockoff, painted with some metallic silver Rustoleum and a waterslide decal.

duck_arse

very nice bear, and unlike mine, finished.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

midwayfair

Very nice, David. Is that your own layout?
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

storyboardist

Quote from: midwayfair on July 28, 2015, 02:45:17 PM
Very nice, David. Is that your own layout?

Thanks, Jon! Yep. I typically have more time to draw layouts than actually build stuff, so I do a blog like Mark's vero one, but for perf and pcb. Here's my layout.

Thanks again for sharing the circuit. I'm normally not a compressor guy, but this one might just change my mind. It's going on my bass board and I'm looking forward to using it.

stallik

Nice one David and nice site too. Really great resource - you've done a lot in a short space of time!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

KSG

Hello, guys!
Let me introduce my next monster: Ge-Mania.
It is RangeMaster+FuzzFace connected in series, each switchable.
The transistors I used are ГТ404Б (low frequency mid power npn, very leaky). Their sound is really mellow and juicy.
The problem of their essential thermodrifting control I decided this way: I added current meter in collector of Q2(FF) and bias knob with complementary trimmer in series in collector of Q1(FF). When bias knob was set at 12.00, trimmer was dialled to obtain symmetrical clipping of FF (1/2 VBatt). Then I found appropriate value of meter shunt in order to set pointer at zero point of scale (colour border of it). It is near 200 Ohms and thus it does not affect to sound. Also 100 mkF capacitor is connected here in parallel to avoid any sound losses on shunt and meter coil.
Now the usage of box is very easy and convenient: when pointer is at left side it means more hard clipping and the right position means the soft. Center position means symmetrical clipping.
For meter backlight I used 10 mm RGB monster LED with slow changing colours for more psychodelics.

inside (notice vintage Ge diode in RangeMaster):

When my daughter first time looked inside of this box she said: Жирные Железные Жуки!!
(By the way: letter "ж" looks like beetle and sounds very closely to germanium overdrive)  ;)

Multicolor plays:

Guts naked:

The pointer slightly moves during guitar playing.

Use it or lose it.

Benoi31

A JHS Superbolt (aka ROG supreaux) clone I did recently :

Luke51411

That GE Fuzz box is so cool!  8)

midwayfair

Anything with meters automatically gets assigned +10 cool points.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

KSG

Quotegets assigned +10 cool points
- 10 likes are preferable...  :)
Use it or lose it.

Zapp Brannigan

Hello, guys!

Here is my last build - Panzerschreck! This is all-tube 2 channel guitar preamp:

diydave

Love tube-pedals.

Careful with the triodes. Maybe put on some extra protection (handlebars) to prevent you from kicking them off.

Zapp Brannigan

I hope it won't happen, it was made for beloved myself, a careful man who never kicks triodes... Pentodes? Maybe, but triodes - no way!
Of course I'm joking and s...t happens sometimes, but this is not the case - I use it only at home, for quiet playing (I mean no gigs, no shows, no strange dudes jumping on stage and crushing all around them and so on). I even push the stompswitch with finger, not a foot, so there is a chance to avoid possible damage.